Carven or Flowmaster Outlaw

So I currently have a Flowmaster Cat back exhaust American Thunder. It is simply to quiet for me. I recently rode in my friends Ram Hemi with Carver and it sounded good. Was thinking about changing out flowmaster muffler with carver or should I put in the muffler from the flowmaster outlaw package. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have Carven R on a 5.3 and I'm pretty happy with it. A couple days ago I put on a Corsa style tips on it and it seems like it made it louder on start up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

That kit comes with a Super 40 muffler which is somewhat aggressive but it's the most aggressive. If you want it as loud as possible I would see about having a shop replace the muffler by itself with a Super 10 which is the loudest Flowmaster muffler. If you only want it a little louder then replace it with a Super 44. I had a Super 44 single in/dual out on my '14 5.3 and it was the best sounding exhaust I've ever had.

Is the tr the loudest of the carven mufflers? I know my buddies was a dodge but it just had a nice deep tone.

No Carven R is the louder of the two.

I have the Carven TR and I am also extremely pleased. Don't know how loud your current setup is to compare but mine provides just the right amount of sound to me. Look at some youtube clips of it and see what you think I know there are some out there that I listened too.

What do you like better about the carven tr than the borla xr1?I am just nervous the carven tr wont be much louder than what I have now, and also dont want redneck obnoxious loud. Does anyone know if the carven tr is louder than a flowmaster 40? I really want to pull the trigger on a carven muffler tom.

What do you like better about the carven tr than the borla xr1?I am just nervous the carven tr wont be much louder than what I have now, and also dont want redneck obnoxious loud. Does anyone know if the carven tr is louder than a flowmaster 40? I really want to pull the trigger on a carven muffler tom.

I wouldn't consider the Carven R redneck loud. It is loud but not obnoxiously loud. Just yesterday took a trip to the beach and with the AC, music, and talking you could bearly hear the exhaust but when I would get on it you could definitely hear it.

I have the Carven "Competitor Series" cat back kit on my truck and I love it!

The "Progressive Series" comes with a normal TR muffler. The "Competitor Series" has a unique muffler designed specifically for the 14+ 5.3. To me it looks like a slightly longer R to mitigate resonance in the muffler. Mine hardly resonates at all. Cruising on the highway you can barely hear it but get on it and it screams.

• 2 weeks later...

So I currently have a Flowmaster Cat back exhaust American Thunder. It is simply to quiet for me. I recently rode in my friends Ram Hemi with Carver and it sounded good. Was thinking about changing out flowmaster muffler with carver or should I put in the muffler from the flowmaster outlaw package. Anyone have any experience with this?

You are exactly correct! American thunder is WAY TOO QUIET. On these trucks the three cats kill any sound that has a chance of escaping. I've been through several mufflers and finally settled for the Flowmaster 10 with no flapper and no Rez. Loudest muffler you can buy and still way too quiet.

If I was starting from scratch I would get the Outlaw.

I guess I'll have to stop bitching and buy headers

Archived