Golf Carts

Waaazooo

CO, what TT is yours with the front toy hauler?

I owned an offroad popup toyhauler with the front deck...good concept, but it could easily exceed the tongue weight of any 1500 (and that was a popup). I want to remember that loaded it was like 1300#s of tongue weight?

I would think a hard side camper with any weight would have similar tongue weight when loaded...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I owned an offroad popup toyhauler with the front deck...good concept, but it could easily exceed the tongue weight of any 1500 (and that was a popup). I want to remember that loaded it was like 1300#s of tongue weight?

I would think a hard side camper with any weight would have similar tongue weight when loaded...

Those single axle trailers really put the tongue weight up there don't they?

Those single axle trailers really put the tongue weight up there don't they?

Yeah, tongue weight was almost 400#s empty, and you could do another 1000#s on the platform...between those numbers, you were sitting at 1300# on the ball.

Really hurt those guys with small SUVS thinking this would be a great way to haul their ATV while camping.

. I dont get what all the confusion is?

There is no confusion. If you read the OP question he was looking for ways to haul a golf cart with his 1500 which has more payload limitations than your 2500

To "strap it down in the back" in your 2500 work good for you but OP's solution isn't that easy.

i have a 27' Keystone Passport TT.

I just pull my EZ Go golf cart up into the bed of the truck and strap it down.

I dont get what all the confusion is?

2500HD shortbed.

You can strap in a golf cart in a short bed and bumper tow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A short bed 2500 is 6.5 ft opposwd to 5.5 ft in a 1500. Plus the 2500 can handlebthe payload unlike the 1500. While towing a TT that is.

Gotcha. My thought was a golf cart is usually about 9' long. On a 6' bed means 3' of it is hanging off. I know I have about 2" room from the tongue jack if I lower the tail gate. But if I were to turn the tongue jack would collide with the tailgate. So in my mind I was trying to figure out how you can turn in forward and reverse if a golf cart was hanging over the edge of the deck. It's good to know it can be done because eyeballing it made me think it's a failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived