New brake pads

On my old 07 at the 60k mi check I still had 80% left, I traded it this spring with 93k and had 60% left. The GM tech at the dealer said these brakes seem to wear forever. And yes my 07 2500 HD had disc all around as does my 17.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my old 07 at the 60k mi check I still had 80% left, I traded it this spring with 93k and had 60% left. The GM tech at the dealer said these brakes seem to wear forever. And yes my 07 2500 HD had disc all around as does my 17.

Hey man, I like that Duramax you got? What is your thoughts on the L5P.......maybe someday I will grow up and get a mans truck?

Hey man, I like that Duramax you got? What is your thoughts on the L5P.......maybe someday I will grow up and get a mans truck?

I love my Dmax. Time will tell if the engine will make the long haul. I tow an 8000+ lb travel trailer with ease.

In a couple of weeks I will be tackling Cabbage Hill AKA the pass over the blue mountains in Oregon near Pendleton. So far my trips through the coast range have been fantastic. IMHO the fuel mileage has been as expected and much better than the old gasser. I loved the 07 for what I used it for. It towed my old TT (6000lb) with relative ease I don't think it would have been as good with the new TT.

I love my Dmax. Time will tell if the engine will make the long haul. I tow an 8000+ lb travel trailer with ease.

In a couple of weeks I will be tackling Cabbage Hill AKA the pass over the blue mountains in Oregon near Pendleton. So far my trips through the coast range have been fantastic. IMHO the fuel mileage has been as expected and much better than the old gasser. I loved the 07 for what I used it for. It towed my old TT (6000lb) with relative ease I don't think it would have been as good with the new TT.

Great News! I have not been in that area but more on West Coast side of OR so I know they are not hills, mountains! Who knows I really like my 2016 SLT with 5.3 but these New DMAX'S just Look fantastic! I also feel the L5P is just the icing on the cake. Anyway, they will probably be 100K by the time I am ready to pull the trigger.......

Pulling the wheels off today and will update once I look, I'm curious with all the feedback saying that should be OK

Sorry, to make ya pull the wheels off. But it's just rather hard for us to believe and I am interested in the results after looking.

I think that even the grade braking in my 07 gasser helped save the brakes when towing. I know that the EB and grade braking on my new DMax should help even more.

Grade braking does help in the gasser...I can bring 6k pounds down a 6% grade, only need to touch the brakes a handful of times (snub braking).

In my 2nd Gen Dodge 2500 auto, I was lucky to get 50k on the brakes (disc/drum); on my 3rd gen Dodge 2500 manual, I could have gotten over 200k on the OE pads (dusc/disc) if the rotors hadn't started pulsing at 150k...the manufacturers have come along way in braking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

does it matter whether diesel or gas? seems the exhaust brake might help brake life on the diesels.

Doesn't make a difference, gas truck is lighter, diesel truck is heavier but has exhaust brake.

I feel like 99% of the Duramax owners don't use the exhaust brake, myself I wouldn't drive without it on.

Doesn't make a difference, gas truck is lighter, diesel truck is heavier but has exhaust brake.

I feel like 99% of the Duramax owners don't use the exhaust brake, myself I wouldn't drive without it on.

I can't do it either. I've tried a few times, smoother down shifts for sure, but it's just habit- turn key, smack exhaust brake switch

Archived