SIRUIS XM RADIO RECEPTION

I enjoyed it and didn’t mind paying for it but this truck just doesn’t receive it well at all. It’s all I listened to in the Avy

I don’t think it’s the truck, I think it’s the service cause I’ve noticed it past couple months too and called to complain. They said they were having updates which should soon fix the problem. I noticed mine going in and out sporadically.

Sent from above

12 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I don’t think it’s the truck, I think it’s the service cause I’ve noticed it past couple months too and called to complain. They said they were having updates which should soon fix the problem. I noticed mine going in and out sporadically.

Sent from above

We will agree to disagree on this. My Accord in the garage is crystal clear, my truck sitting outside will barely (well if at all) pick up the demo channel. During my 3 month trial, I couldn’t even listen to 1 song in its entirety. Now I live in the same place I have for years and my 2008 Avalanche would never lose a signal unless I was in the Mobile tunnel or the airport covered parking garage. My neighbor has a 2010 Escalade and his place is surrounded by trees (I hate his leaves in my yard lol) and he has perfect reception. So I’m basing my opinion on my truck and what others have said. I think it’s the same antenna that the WiFi goes through too. While I’m in the truck I can’t get a WiFi signal from my phone hotspot but it will see the house WiFi. Maybe I’ll see what the dealer says about it on next visit?? Glad yours works and you’re right $140 for two cars isn’t bad IMHO ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2014 Sierra. When I bought the truck it had Sirius xm installed and worked fine. I let the subscription expire. Last week I renewed it, and reception is crap. When I start the truck it takes 10-30 min for it to receive the signal. Once it does receive it, it drops out a lot, even with nothing blocking it. I’m thinking of checking the software to see if it needs updating. Any thoughts out there? Thank you!

On 2/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, SS502 said:

I feel sorry for SiriusXM...I know a lot of us just said screw it, never went past my 3 month trial with the crappy reception.

So quick update. I took it back in today and they replace my tuner. Guess what? Works better than any other SiriusXM radio I've had. I haven't been able to get it to cut out.

I would still argue that the factory antenna is weak because my after-market antenna shouldn't have fixed the problem if the tuner was the ONLY issue but regardless I'm happy. So, if you are having this issue as them to replace the tuner first and then the antenna.

• 9 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, Kent Dillin said:

So quick update. I took it back in today and they replace my tuner. Guess what? Works better than any other SiriusXM radio I've had. I haven't been able to get it to cut out.

I would still argue that the factory antenna is weak because my after-market antenna shouldn't have fixed the problem if the tuner was the ONLY issue but regardless I'm happy. So, if you are having this issue as them to replace the tuner first and then the antenna.

What do you mean by “tuner”? The receiver? New receiver? Can I do as I’m past my warranty

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2017 GMC Terrain.  I recently started having problems with my SeriusXM going off and displaying a No XM Signal.

After numerous resets with Sirius Support, then sent me to the GMC Dealer.  After pulling the dashboard out of my car they determined that my car needs a new radio and/or antenna.  They informed me that my vehicle with 49,000 miles was out of warranty, and it would cost $1200 to replace the radio.  Naturally they went to the most expensive resolution first.  After arguing with them for a half hour, they called GM then came back with a $400. price.

They told me that the wires on the back of the radio were broken, and the one going to the XM module in the radio has intermittent connection to the physical radio.

This all sounds absurd to me.  How do wires wear out on the back of a radio.

I just opened a complaint issue with GM who promised to have a Sr. Agent call me back in 2 days.

I see that others have similar issues. 

Let me know if any of you have a resolution.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I had a 2010 silverado. The truck did not have the capability of replaying the last hour of broadcast (i love being able to jump past the chattering disc jockeys, my radio is for music) so i took my after market tuner out of my old truck and installed it. I had great sirius for 10 years. Now i bought a 2020 and i was delighted that i could replay the last hour or so of broadcast.  WHAT GARBAGE!! I live at the same place and drive the same places. 80 percent of the time i can not get anything to replay and 20 percent of the time i dont get reception!!!!  I am going do it again, move my old tuner into my brand new truck that already has sirius!!!

• 11 months later...