Rigid Back Up Lights Install

I recently installed these Rigid Back Up Lights in the bumper step. Very clean look. Light output is awesome from these very small lights. The install was fairly easy. I made a template using the light itself and taped it to the plastic to locate my holes for drilling. You need to position the light a little more on the outboard side of the step or the back of the light housing and / or wire will contact the truck body. Probably the hardest part was installing the top nut on the backside. After numerous tries, I was able to get it started holding it from the top with a long set of angled pliers placed through the opening between the bumper and body. Positive wires are connected to each factory backup light via a T-Tap, wrapped in electrical tape and the wire is protected in split loom. For the ground wire, I crimped on a ring and attached it to the bumper. There is a small screw conveniently located on each bottom corner.  I am very satisfied with these lights. You barely notice they are in there...

Rigid Lights.JPG

Template.JPG

Cut Hole.JPG

Mounted Light.JPG

T-Tap.JPG

Light 1.JPG

Light 2.jpg

• Like 3

No, it does not was out the camera...the lights are actually angled down slightly as the back of the plastic step angles down a little. I don't know if this aids in not washing out the camera. 

Those really are nice.  They really work and seem to be out of the way, I have a cap so I never use these for steps.  These with my side mirror lights would turn night to day.  Good functional improvement.  

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple pics. You can see the small lense of the light, but the black housing blends in pretty well to the plastic housing...especially the further away you are...

2058944499_RearLight(2).JPG.3b9a2b00126979cbcdc122d47d59cfce.JPG

Rear Light(1).JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at installing these. 
how much of an angle does the light throw? Im mostly hooked up to my enclosed trailer but would like something to light up along the side of the trailer when trying to thread the needle in between other trailers In crowded hotel lots during snowmobile season. 
thanks