What do you want to see in the new 2019 Silverado?

Jeffro19

Lets make this the area to discuss what we all want to see in the new 2019 Silverado. All we really know now is the Trailboss. Chevrolet said there will be 8 new models for the 2019 Model. Personally I would like to see the RST model from the Tahoe make it to the truck line up. Also push button start, MRC and updated engines. What would you like to see in the new 2019 Silverado?

Like I said in the other thread I want to be able to build a truck the way I want it and not have to get so many, for my needs, useless/unwanted options that come with all the packages when I only want 1 or 2 things in said package.  If I was going to drop down to a 1500 I want the option of an 8ft bed again on something other than a regular cab.  A big block in the HDs again so when I finally do get a new truck I don't have to deal with a diesel and all the epa garbage on them nowadays.

I would like a truck that's a truck. Less attention to high tech junk ie. ( Phone integration, heated and cooled seats,park assist, cushy crap for the pretend cowboy yuppies)
I want a better suspension to soak up road irregularities so they don't loosen up the plastic interior.

More available power instead of telling us we have 400 horses but letting us use half. So less torque management.

Higher sitting..I'm short and have back issues yet I can handle climbing in.
Better looking wheels with more negative offset.

Better stereos in models less then loaded
I'm sure there's a hundred other things I could add.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Rear A/C Vents
  • Rear Heated Seats
  • Keyless Entry
  • 360 Degree Camera
  • Blind Spot Monitoring
  • Push Start (could go either way on this)
  • LED Lights, not a single halogen anywhere.
  • Keyfob Tailgate Release
  • Black Headliner Option
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • 7.0L V8 w/10 Speed
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, EChavez said:
  • Rear A/C Vents
  • Rear Heated Seats
  • Keyless Entry
  • 360 Degree Camera
  • Blind Spot Monitoring
  • Push Start (could go either way on this)
  • LED Lights, not a single halogen anywhere.
  • Keyfob Tailgate Release
  • Black Headliner Option
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • 7.0L V8 w/10 Speed

You just read my mind. I can see all of this happening except the black headliner and 7.0 V8. They will probably stick with the 6.2 and bump the power to 450hp or so. 

On 12/25/2017 at 5:35 AM, michigan2500hd said:

I would like a truck that's a truck. Less attention to high tech junk ie. ( Phone integration, heated and cooled seats,park assist, cushy crap for the pretend cowboy yuppies)
I want a better suspension to soak up road irregularities so they don't loosen up the plastic interior.

More available power instead of telling us we have 400 horses but letting us use half. So less torque management.

Higher sitting..I'm short and have back issues yet I can handle climbing in.
Better looking wheels with more negative offset.

Better stereos in models less then loaded
I'm sure there's a hundred other things I could add.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I really like the phone integration and heated and cooled seats. Park assist I don't need but I don't care, either.

Agree with better suspension, higher sitting, better looking wheels, and better stereos on lower end models.

There's no reason that the touchscreen on a entry level $25k truck should be less capable than a $200 smartphone. 

On 12/25/2017 at 8:12 PM, thewhitestallion said:

- More room in the cab like the fords and tundras

- Rear A/C vents

- 36 Gallon fuel tank

- I agree with EChavez... black headliner would be awesome!

Completely agree with all of these things. Especially more room in the cab and the 36g fuel tank.

On 12/25/2017 at 8:47 PM, EChavez said:
  • Rear A/C Vents Useless, only good at keeping the knee cold, cold air is better and more efficient coming out of the front vents unless a second blower/condenser is added like on the SUV's which the cab is too small to
  • Rear Heated Seats
  • Keyless Entry Sure as long as it has keyed ignition
  • 360 Degree Camera
  • Blind Spot Monitoring Does no one look over their shoulder anymore?
  • Push Start (could go either way on this) I don't have a purse, sitting on my keys sucks so I take them out of my pocket, a normal keyed ignition gives a place to put those keys while driving rather than have them taking up a spot on the console
  • LED Lights, not a single halogen anywhere. Not sure what the big deal is on this, a halogen is much cheaper to replace when it fails and those who venture in to the cold provide heat to melt snow
  • Keyfob Tailgate Release Why, is it too hard to open it when you want to use it? Just allows another chance for damage, people on the f150 forum have damaged them by accidental openings.
  • Black Headliner Option Sounds good, just don't make it suede
  • Panoramic Sunroof Another failure point and in hail prone areas a big problem, plus haven't there been issues with them sometimes randomly shattering?
  • 7.0L V8 w/10 Speed Nice but won't happen and not needed for a truck

So basically you want a german luxury car but that looks like a truck? Surprised a console shifter wasn't listed (keep the column).

On 12/25/2017 at 10:12 PM, thewhitestallion said:

- More room in the cab like the fords and tundras Not needed, if they do then bed space is needed to be taken away to fit in a standard garage. I am 6'5, I can sit behind my standard seating position and not have my knees touch the back of the front seat. No more room is needed, it is wasted space, why do back seat passengers need a foot of knee room? There is plenty of room for child seats, keep the cab the same, they have the biggest bed out of the others...

- Rear A/C vents Useless, only good at keeping the knee cold, cold air is better and more efficient coming out of the front vents unless a second blower/condenser is added like on the SUV's. I live in Texas, cab is plenty cool and no complaints from rear seat passengers in the middle of summer.

- 36 Gallon fuel tank

- I agree with EChavez... black headliner would be awesome!

People want to pay too much attention to mimick what the others are doing regardless of if it is useful or right and instead they should concentrate on what is correct or they are doing right. Things like cab size, column shift, engines, keyed ignition and so forth are all great and useful and don't compramise other areas. Let's not complicate things, these are trucks and tools after all, they also don't need to get bigger/taller.

Tyler

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

So basically you want a german luxury car but that looks like a truck? Surprised a console shifter wasn't listed (keep the column).

People want to pay too much attention to mimick what the others are doing regardless of if it is useful or right and instead they should concentrate on what is correct or they are doing right. Things like cab size, column shift, engines, keyed ignition and so forth are all great and useful and don't compramise other areas. Let's not complicate things, these are trucks and tools after all, they also don't need to get bigger/taller.

Tyler

No not necessarily, I still want my truck. But for $60k+ I want my money’s worth. As far as the other features on my list, it’s my wish list not yours. If you don’t agree it’s fine, but don’t tell me what’s useless or useful under your perspective because it’s different from mine. This isn’t about playing copy cat, it’s about getting what you pay for, if both companies offer a luxury truck for 60k, both need to have equally competitive offerings. When you stack GM’s offerings against Ford’s, it’s obvious GM is lacking right now and it’s clearly behind in terms of options and equipment. Times have changed, trucks aren’t “just trucks” anymore. It actually hasn’t been that way for a while now. 

Now for my features, rear a/c cents are far from useless. At least to everyone that’s ever been in my truck, and the list is extensive, not once has a single passenger been “ok” with the vents in the front. Which is understandable. My 05 and 07 nailed the climate. Blind spot monitoring? Not about looking behind my shoulder, I still do in the vehicles that have bsm, just a convenience you’d expect in a luxury truck, seeing as how all other GM vehicles have that feature.  

The push to start is really unimportant to me I could care less just a neat feature if anything. Keyfob tailgate release, just want it can’t say much else. More convenience features, which again I shouldn’t be having to justify at this price point. Black headliner, glad we both agree, hate the tan looking headliner, idk what GM is thinking. The sunroof is just a personal preference, love the way it looks on the fords. Haven’t heard much in terms of issues with them though, I’m in Cali, it doesn’t hail much here. Finally the 7.0, well that’s clearly just wishful thinking haha.

Hell I’d agree with some other members and say add the 36 gallon tank and if possible the whole up/down rear window like the tundras. My point is, in this day and age where luxury trucks are only getting more popular, skimping out on features is unexcusable when your increasing the price tag of these vehicles. Yes they’re trucks, but they’re also daily’s for many people including myself. Call me crazy but I enjoy my luxuries in my truck and the versatility of being able move/town nearly anything I personally need to. 

4 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

I am not complicating things. Every time a new vehicle comes out the vehicle usually comes with new features. I am just stating my personal opinion like the topic says. Maybe vehicles done need to get bigger and taller for you, but for me I would not mind it. I am 6' 2" so when someone that is a normal height, i.e. not a midget, they are kind of cramped. You can not deny that being in the back seat of a vehicle with plenty of leg room is a nice feature and makes for a comfortable ride for everyone involved. Seeing how I do a lot of road trips with people in the back seat that is why I would like more room. Not to mention I could put more stuff in the back that might not get along with wet weather... 

The 36 gallon fuel tank kind of goes inline with the road trip deal, especially when pulling a trailer.

The rear A/C vents in the back is kind of a no brainer as well. I mean it doesn't take much to run a small plastic tube to the back seat with direct air from the a/c system.

I feel like you are trying to make a point on here that YOU don't need all these features on your truck so no one else should. I used to think that like too when I was a little younger. Just because you might not need those features does not mean someone also does not need those features or wants them. I don't need a lot of features current truck has but I tell you what, having the cooled seats on a hot summer day is one bad ass feature that I enjoy all spring, summer and fall long (Houston, TX). That feature was the only reason that I opted for the SLT otherwise I would have been in an SLE model because I also don't need that many features. However, once I found out about the cooled seats, I knew I just had to have them.