Ford 6.2 VS GM 6.0

Hey so I was wondering if anyone has any real world towing experience with both these trucks? I can’t decide on the f-250 or gm 2500? From what I have read the ford seems to have more power? I know the answers might be biasd here. I am a GM guy but have heard the 6.0 is lacking power. Any input would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Summit15101 said:

Hey so I was wondering if anyone has any real world towing experience with both these trucks? I can’t decide on the f-250 or gm 2500? From what I have read the ford seems to have more power? I know the answers might be biasd here. I am a GM guy but have heard the 6.0 is lacking power. Any input would be awesome

Check out Fast Lane Truck their you can see time and time again a 15yr old GM Pushrod engine climb up a hill faster loaded than brand new engines from FERD, FIAT.....I guess the GM 6.0 is lacking on power?

• Like 1

the ford is a nice engine, but the gm has an insane track record for reliability,. that is why i went gm.

I do agree with that. I work in the oil field and those trucks get beat to death from idling all day to next to no maintenance and still keep going

• Like 1

Well I found a smoking deal on a 2012 Denali 3500 6.0 today and bought it. It seems to go decent empty. Can’t wait to tow with it . I averaged 15.5 mpg on the way home all highway. Only thing that is annoying me is the steering wheel wood piece where your hands go? Any one else find this terrible and un comfy. 7ff0195eb78779d5c31a247dadb57a42.jpg75359139b88201118aef9d698a564c41.jpg

Put 4.30's in the Ford instead of the lame ass 3.73's, especially with the new higher torque 6.2 @ 430 lb ft and that Chevy will just see tailgate.  In stock form these 6 liters are so lame it's pathetic lol.  But the kicker is the Ford's respond to custom tuning just as well..... just have diddly squat for an aftermarket unless you are just a catback and intake type of guy like most people.  Once GM inevitably dumps the L96 and goes with some direct injected trash likely with cylinder deactivation I won't be buying anymore GM trucks.

Edited by SierraHD17

1 hour ago, Summit15101 said:

So what is a safe tune to put in these 6.0? Do they actually help with fuel economy? Or do they just add more stress on the transmission with the different shift points?

Lol safe is stock.  Drive the hell out of it with horsepiss for gas and never blow it up.  The trans shifting faster and firmer does not stress it.. adds longevity to the clutches if anything.  Not to mention you can lessen the hunting and bs they do stock.  Fuel economy... please... It's a 7000 lb truck with the aerodynamics of a brick so in short no it's not going to improve.  

Edited by SierraHD17
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Lol safe is stock.  Drive the hell out of it with horsepiss for gas and never blow it up.  The trans shifting faster and firmer does not stress it.. adds longevity to the clutches if anything.  Not to mention you can lessen the hunting and bs they do stock.  Fuel economy... please... It's a 7000 lb truck with the aerodynamics of a brick so in short no it's not going to improve.  

THIS

• Like 1

The 2017+ Ford 6.2 seems to have pulled itself from the pack performance-wise but the L96 is still major bang for the buck and still hands the 6.4 HEMI it's ass. Looking forward to GM's answer to Ford's upcoming 7.0. 

• Like 1