Leveling kit or suspension lift?

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2018 at 11:20 PM, TXGREEK said:

4707c973f99d270344eb38fb739f0703.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking truck. I have the same truck in blue and I am looking to get the same level/tire setup.

Since you have had the setup for a couple months how is the ride quality? I am very adamant about maintaining stock ride quality or better since I do a lot of highway driving. 

Which brand leveling kit did you use? Is it a space that goes above the coil or below the strut? 

Any issues with tires rubbing the Upper Control Arms? I have heard some stories of people rubbing the upper control arms with stock tires and wheels with a leveling kit due to the newer stamped steel control arms.

Great looking truck. I have the same truck in blue and I am looking to get the same level/tire setup.

Since you have had the setup for a couple months how is the ride quality? I am very adamant about maintaining stock ride quality or better since I do a lot of highway driving. 

Which brand leveling kit did you use? Is it a space that goes above the coil or below the strut? 

Any issues with tires rubbing the Upper Control Arms? I have heard some stories of people rubbing the upper control arms with stock tires and wheels with a leveling kit due to the newer stamped steel control arms.

Leveling will not allow any tire over the stock size to be installed without installing different offset wheels because the 2016’s-2018’s have different uca’s causing rubbing when leveled.

I’m not leveled any longer, ride quality was horrible so I had The CST Lift installed giving more of the stock ride quality without taking away the stock geometry along with Coil Overs and lots more.

Going into E or higher rated tire will immediately make for a rougher ride.

Sent from above

16 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Leveling will not allow any tire over the stock size to be installed without installing different offset wheels because the 2016’s-2018’s have different uca’s causing rubbing when leveled.

I’m not leveled any longer, ride quality was horrible so I had The CST Lift installed giving more of the stock ride quality without taking away the stock geometry along with Coil Overs and lots more.

Sent from above

That's really good to know. I read some of your other posts and it looks like your current set up with the 4.5" CST will be better for what I'm looking for. Do you have any rubbing with your current set up? How is the ride at highway speed?

Appreciate the earlier compliments. I’m sure you’ve read a lot of posts but it really just depends on you. You don’t have to lift, can just level with coil overs and new front uca’s. CST and King make excellent leveling coil overs but you’ll need new uca’s. With CST you can do a 4.5”-5” lift without widening your track width and turning radius giving you that silly looking 06c2999895e3c59c8e16cb6a98a74057.jpg

and instead using your stock wheels and tires up to 35” but most just get new wheels and tires including myself.

I’ve had a lot of lifted SUV’s and Trucks, this is by far the best quality Lift Kit with welded on reinforcement gussets strengthening for off-road use and the angles are excellent.

The CST 4.5” lift is approximately $1650 plus two new rear shocks as well for the added 3” blocks that come along with the kit.

Here’s the leveled with horrible ride quality but had to get plus 1 offset wheels in order to work, 33” Nitto Ridge Grapplers

9306fee385138de32ecc8d9ed8b76ab9.jpg

CST 4.5-5” lift with same wheels and 34” Nitto Ridge Grapplers

d694c7e55fcdc2ba3cc393c5ae9b02d3.jpg

I’m all set with it and it’s the best mod I’ve done so far, lots of compliments.

Last thing, never go cheap on your suspension, it’s your trucks foundation.

Sent from above

On 1/22/2018 at 12:43 PM, TXGREEK said:

After, sooooooo freaking happy! Zero ride quality change, 4wheelparts RoCkS!f572a32f7bbc6deb450264a50beec01d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol dude crack me up... here you say zero ride change. And now all of a sudden It was a horrible ride.... 

Lol dude crack me up... here you say zero ride change. And now all of a sudden It was a horrible ride.... 

Lol, dude, Stock size tires. I did notice a bit rougher even with stock tires but thought it was me being picky, adding E rated tires gave a 3/4 ton ride quality. I’ll never level again, at least not with this crap or any other blocks. 7b2043403b5279295e5b2c014be7c075.jpg
Best leveled ride quality is using Coil Overs.

Sent from above

6 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Lol, dude, Stock size tires. I did notice a bit rougher even with stock tires but thought it was me being picky, adding E rated tires gave a 3/4 ton ride quality. I’ll never level again, at least not with this crap or any other blocks. 7b2043403b5279295e5b2c014be7c075.jpg
Best leveled ride quality is using Coil Overs.

Sent from above

I just quoted your words... zero change. Stock tires, so any other differences you experienced later were due to the tires and other changes you made. 

Just saying. I know e rated tires are going to change the ride. But you started with just a level and stock tires....

I just quoted your words... zero change. Stock tires, so any other differences you experienced later were due to the tires and other changes you made. 
Just saying. I know e rated tires are going to change the ride. But you started with just a level and stock tires....

No worries, but why would anyone want to level if not to add larger tires. I added larger tires then had to purchase new wheels with different offset. I’ve learned much better ways to level using leveling coil overs from CST or King but now I’m very happy with my CST lift which even with larger Nitto Ridge Grapplers still rides better then when leveled. I’ll never level again, lift only.

Sent from above

On 4/16/2019 at 7:52 PM, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

This is simply not true.  I have a 2" Fabtech spacer on the front of my AT Sierra and run 33x12.5x20 Toyo AT2's on stock wheels without any rubbing whatsoever.

This is simply not true.  I have a 2" Fabtech spacer on the front of my AT Sierra and run 33x12.5x20 Toyo AT2's on stock wheels without any rubbing whatsoever.

It’s an on going problem with 2016-2018 different uca’s causing rubbing on 20” wheels. Going from stock size 275/55/20’s to 275/60/20’s rubs at full lock. It’s 100% true as I’ve personally experienced this as have many others.

Sent from above