Lift/Tire combo

I'm considering throwing either a 4" or 6.5" lift (leaning towards 6.5") on my 2017 Sierra 1500 but i can't afford a lift and new tires. I am currently running Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Mud-Terrain 265/65R18SL tires so almost 32" tires. Do you think it'll look stupid running 32" tires with a 6.5" lift? Anyone who has pics of what it might look like would be helpful, thx!

2 minutes ago, Herc130 said:

6in with 35’s, you be the judge.d

9447A253-D1C7-4D5A-B8EA-703B9C02D307.jpeg

Yea thats the look im going for!! Maybe i'll just order the lift and save up for the tires. I only drive my truck around 400mi/mo since i got my work truck so it might be a while b4 i need new tires.

9 minutes ago, SSchup said:

Yes it will look silly, wait till you can afford appropriate tires and wheels and do it all at the same time.

Thats what im afraid of.. a $2k lift is supposed to make my truck look better not worse.

18 minutes ago, NYSierra4 said:

Thats what im afraid of.. a $2k lift is supposed to make my truck look better not worse.

Unless this is the look you’re going for, do both at the same time. A $2k lift alone is not supposed to make your truck look better, just 6 inches higher. 

932012FB-9383-47FD-AF53-52EEE7685699.jpeg

Edited by dmorrisL86
  • Haha 1

Maybe consider a compromise.  There are many nice looking trucks on this forum with a modest level and 33" tires.  Lifting your truck is not a budget friendly modification.  If you're planning to keep your truck for a long time and committed to a high lift then get it done and enjoy it now.  I wouldn't  worry about it looking "silly".  It will be fun to drive and the only comments you hear will be compliments.  Personally, I think the truck in the above picture looks fine and would be a blast to drive!

I’ve currently got a 2.5” level and am running 275/65/20s (34.1x10.8) without trouble. I just installed a 1.5” bodylift and have 35x12.5x17s with a set of Method NVs ordered, and I’m sure I’ll clear them because I know a guy who has the same set up. Do enough digging and you might find something that suits your financial needs and your aesthetic wants as well. 

I have a RC 2.5" lift kit on my '15 Silverado crew cab, and have a set of Toyo Open Country AT's (285/75/18, or 34.8") on it.  Trimmed a small strip of felt but they don't rub now at all, very happy.  No high dollar lift kit, but I'm not rock crawlin' in the Chevy anyhow.

IMG_3834.JPG

I have a RC 2.5" lift kit on my '15 Silverado crew cab, and have a set of Toyo Open Country AT's (285/75/18, or 34.8") on it.  Trimmed a small strip of felt but they don't rub now at all, very happy.  No high dollar lift kit, but I'm not rock crawlin' in the Chevy anyhow.
IMG_3834.JPG.73472a91bd8441cc4f37c346d1abf879.JPG

Nice looking truck!! I was considering a basic level. I wouldn’t do the rc 2.5 level lift bc I have stamped steel arms and there’s enough warning discussed about that. Thinking about a 6.5” zone lift with some 35” cooper muds and just keep my 18” wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk