2014 6.2L lifter collapse

Well I had the vibration and ended up the dealer replaced the whole rearend with a new one built at the dealer from parts because they quit making the 3.73's... and yea fixed.. then at 54k miles the check engine light, stabilitrac loss of power and a new "tick" started up.. took it in.. they thought just the collapsed lifter.. and it was and it took out the cam and bent the valves... so no word yet on when fixed... maybe like last time it will take a month... all covered under warranty... and they gave me a truck to drive while they work on mine.. 

I have read the 5.3's had issues and now it would appear the AFM is taking out the 6.2's as well... maybe it is just the early builds?  IDK... 

this AFM crap is going to be the biggest reason I won't get a used truck with one.  I'm looking to go back to the GMT-800s.  Dang shame.  I really liked my first new truck, a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500, 5.3L it had AFM but I sold it with about 60,000 miles on it.  No issues with that. 

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

this AFM crap is going to be the biggest reason I won't get a used truck with one.  I'm looking to go back to the GMT-800s.  Dang shame.  I really liked my first new truck, a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500, 5.3L it had AFM but I sold it with about 60,000 miles on it.  No issues with that. 

Buy what you like and budget to get rid of it.  Gen III reliability with Gen IV durability and luxury!