2015 Silverado OEM Front parking sensors added/upgrade.

A few weeks ago I was able to upgrade/add my oem front sensors to my truck, most LTs only come with backing sensors but not the front ones and thanks to Pgamboa for his harness and whiteautoandmedia.com for programming my parking sensor module I was able to successfully accomplish this upgrade. Here’s a few pictures.

IMG_0955.JPGIMG_0953.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I've been thinking about possibly wanting to do this to my truck, whats the work involved like and could you ballpark the cost of doing this?

- Factor the cost of a bumper with the sensor holes.
- (4) Sensors
- (1) Harness that connect all the sensor to the bumper junction.
- (1) Park Assist Module. This upgrade presumes you already have factory rear sensors.
- Module Programming
- Wiring from the bumper junction all the way to the module.

His might help give you an idea of the work involved.

By any chance do you know what size the holes in the bumper are for the sensors. I need to replace my rear bumper and my son got his hands on a new one without the holes. I'd like to be prepared ahead of time before removing my old one.

• Like 1

By any chance do you know what size the holes in the bumper are for the sensors. I need to replace my rear bumper and my son got his hands on a new one without the holes. I'd like to be prepared ahead of time before removing my old one.

I don’t remember.. but they are not perfect circles either. They have notches in them.

I don't remember the exact size, but if you get a step bit, you can do this pretty easy...once you get the hole size, then you can file/grinding out the notch...I did this on a bumper that i can assure you is tougher to drill through that a factory replacement...if you have the right tools, this is pretty easy, just take your time and go slow...see pic

**Edit** since the steel on my bumper was thicker than the factory sheet metal bumper, I didn't grind the notch in the bumper, I took a razor blade and shaved off the notch on the sensor housing, and used automotive adhesive to keep it in place...worked like a champ...but if you use the factory bumper, a dremel will be able to grind a notch pretty dang easy...

lb.JPG

Edited by spenpet

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2018 at 9:08 PM, pgamboa said:

- Factor the cost of a bumper with the sensor holes.
- (4) Sensors
- (1) Harness that connect all the sensor to the bumper junction.
- (1) Park Assist Module. This upgrade presumes you already have factory rear sensors.
- Module Programming
- Wiring from the bumper junction all the way to the module.

His might help give you an idea of the work involved.

How much does this upgrade overall cost?

How much does this upgrade overall cost?

About $200. I sold my factory bumper and broke even on the cost of the new bumper. The $200 covered the cost of the module, programming, bumper harness, and wiring.

Phil, Great video! Questions? Do you have the oem part numbers for the module? Also I looked up the harness you had in the video and it shows bumper without fog lights. Your bumper looks just like my 2018 z71 so I wanted to know if you have to retro fit that harness in anyway to work with the fog lights? With a 4" lift and 35' tires and I need the assist when parking this in tight places. I'm looking to do this right away. Thanks in advance. 

• 4 months later...

Hey @pgamboa I have a 2016 GMC Sierra sle with rear parking sensor I already ran all the wiring connected the new harness at the bumper based on your video on youtube (great video by the way) but I’m not sure if the module on your video will work with my truck or if I need a different I would need some help to make sure I purchase the right one before sending to white auto media...... help plz