Isn’t there a “discovered features” topic? There should be...

If you really think you need a thread for this then suggest a better more descriptive title for it, we can change it, then make it a sticky at the top of the section. Also if you have links to other threads that were mentioned that had "discoveries" post them and we can merge them together. But as suggested the OM is a wealth of info and even with a sticky many members won't read it. They prefer to start a thread just to ask the question.

This may or may not happen based upon what y'all provide for info and feedback

Perhaps we could call it "RTFM"                                       :lol:

Edited by txab

1 hour ago, txab said:

If you really think you need a thread for this then suggest a better more descriptive title for it, we can change it, then make it a sticky at the top of the section. Also if you have links to other threads that were mentioned that had "discoveries" post them and we can merge them together. But as suggested the OM is a wealth of info and even with a sticky many members won't read it. They prefer to start a thread just to ask the question.

This may or may not happen based upon what y'all provide for info and feedback

Happy to do so, if I’m reading your post correctly.    I’ll take your suggestion or as moderator, agree to let you do it.  

I clearly recognize the futility of the post as I reference my OM.   This was a peasant surprise and is my 3rd of this model.   I do admit reading sections of the OM such as the 4WD instructions/warnings,  garage door programming, etc.   Not so much the “how to open the door from inside the truck” section.   Oh well.   

• Like 1

I'm serious, if y'all want a thread dedicated to this then y'all will need to pull the info together and suggest a decent descriptive title. If it gets traction, we can make it a sticky.

I can't move individual posts but can merge threads if there is another that covers this already. Or you can post a link to a post that has helpful info into this thread. Understand this up to the members to make this thread happen. I and other moderators will not be scouring threads looking for the info for you.

Let's see what comes of it

Edit, I checked the settings on my LT Z71 and I do not have this feature. it must only be on the models with power fold mirrors? I dunno. I wish I had the reverse tilt though.

The memory module remembers the position of the mirror for reverse-tilt, so you’d need the OEM seat memory buttons for this to work...this was per Pgamboa but I think he was looking into a way around it. But I’d imagine you’d need both power-fold and memory seats.

So only most SLT/LTZ & Denali/HC models.

Would be nice to get all of this info on one page I agree, but sounds like a lot of work to compile all of the info.

5 hours ago, sk said:

Here is the best trick ever:

In front of the passenger on the face of the dash is a handle.  Pull that and a small door will open (older folks call this a "glove box").

Inside that compartment you should find a thick white book.

Read it.

For you younger tech-savvy people you can also get a pdf version on the manufacturer's website.

What happened to the days where the manual was not only in the glove box, but also came inside a binder? I know my 2004 had that. My 2016, the manuals were in a zip lock bag inside the center console. I bought a binder from Amazon that is pretty nice, but for $53 grand, I probably should have got one for free from the General.

15 hours ago, Jetmek said:

What happened to the days where the manual was not only in the glove box, but also came inside a binder? I know my 2004 had that. My 2016, the manuals were in a zip lock bag inside the center console. I bought a binder from Amazon that is pretty nice, but for $53 grand, I probably should have got one for free from the General.

Agreed!!  With all the crap that ends up in the glovebox, I prefer to keep the manuals/etc intact and readily available.  I even asked my dealer and they said they wish they had some with all the requests they get......do you like the one you found on Amazon? 

19 hours ago, txab said:

Instead, how about "TMHTMOCISATTSTCFIAGI" ....... (the manual has too much obvious crap in it so a thread that summarizes the cool features is a great idea)

12 hours ago, kevinfranklin said:

Agreed!!  With all the crap that ends up in the glovebox, I prefer to keep the manuals/etc intact and readily available.  I even asked my dealer and they said they wish they had some with all the requests they get......do you like the one you found on Amazon? 

I do like it. It has various pockets for this, that and the other thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3B2TR4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So will you now list this as one of your mods?  Kidding.  

Txab the moderator - it looks like this generation of forum participants might use this topic.  I’m of the age where I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking me to do to make this a post it note.

2 hours ago, Boardmember said:

So will you now list this as one of your mods?  Kidding.  

Txab the moderator - it looks like this generation of forum participants might use this topic.  I’m of the age where I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking me to do to make this a post it note.

Ok here the thread:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/212121-discovered-features-you-may-not-know-about/

Got a better title? Send me a PM with suggestion.

Now get busy and start filling it with tips

STAY ON TOPIC!

Edit, I checked the settings on my LT Z71 and I do not have this feature. it must only be on the models with power fold mirrors? I dunno. I wish I had the reverse tilt though.

I found the tilt to be more of a hinderance than helpful for me. Tried it for a week or two and turned it off ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While your building stickys you should make one on how to search and find answers on this forum since the same questions get asked over and over and over again even though there is already 20+ threads for most of the questions asked...

• Like 1