Center console upper trim

How does the trim pieces on the side of the upper console part get removed?? I am swapping out the trim color to Synthesis and can’t seem to figure out how to remove the side pieces. Thanks!

349e5b100875735576c7c4f88a8a5170.jpg

surprised it just doesn't have any clips... weird if that doesn't come off.. i thought i saw on some other posts people replacing that.. and the door ones..

there is a screw holding the curved part on and it holds the power outlets in place too.  Remove the screw and pull down on the straight end.  It will pop right off.

Edited by lerbud
error

• 2 weeks later...

Were you able to get them off?  I was looking at the Synthesis  (brushed aluminum) kit today & the console part comes as a complete part, not just replacing the woodgrain part.

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/2018/GMC/Sierra 1500/interior-trim-kit-in-synthesis-23147678?categoryId=12001

Scot

Edited by samckitt

10 hours ago, samckitt said:

So then I dont have to buy the kit that includes the whole upper center console piece for $250, I can just buy the synthesis trim pieces?

Kit:

23147676_Primary.jpg

If you can find them for the center console trim yes. I do have an extra cup holder I can sell ya too in Synthesis to save you some money if interested 

Edited by MHPrior80

• 1 year later...
On 6/7/2018 at 5:43 AM, samckitt said:

So then I dont have to buy the kit that includes the whole upper center console piece for $250, I can just buy the synthesis trim pieces?

Kit:

23147676_Primary.jpg

Where did you find this?  I've been looking and can't find it.

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Marticus said:

I would call your local dealer. I bought the whole kit for a lot less than 250

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was at the dealer yesterday and they said they don't have them. He said couldn't find a part # for it. 

He could have just been lazy.

i use this website, alot of them out there, these guys have good prices. copy and paste the part #'s on ebay or image search and see what they actually look like. can also use the part #'s to find cheaper on used ebay listings too. keep in mind 2014 and 2015 silverado have a fully movable cup holder, and 2016 -2018 have a permanent cup holder. i bought a extra cup holder for my 2016 and used a dremel to remove the guidelines and now have 4 cup holder spots.

these links are for 2016 silverado

console trim-

https://www.group1autoparts.com/auto-parts/2016/chevrolet/silverado-1500/ltz-trim/5-3l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/center-console-scat

front door trim-

https://www.group1autoparts.com/auto-parts/2016/chevrolet/silverado-1500/ltz-trim/5-3l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/interior-trim-front-door-scat

rear door trim-

https://www.group1autoparts.com/auto-parts/2016/chevrolet/silverado-1500/ltz-trim/5-3l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/interior-trim-rear-door-scat