Easy Oil Change!

22 hours ago, newdude said:

LFX is very similar but use a PF-2129 and have the Cadillac/Camaro style aluminum filter cap and higher up location. 

Good video!

Thanks dude.

I wonder if the aluminum cap oil filter cap will fit on the LGZ? Hmmmm

1 hour ago, fondupot said:

Thanks dude.

I wonder if the aluminum cap oil filter cap will fit on the LGZ? Hmmmm

Wouldn't fit the filter that the LGZ uses.  I don't think the LFX filter would work on the LGZ either on that note.   

Edited by newdude

1 minute ago, newdude said:

Wouldn't fit the filter that the LGZ uses.  I don't think the LFX filter would work on the LGZ either on that note.   

Yea, probably right. They are different filters altogether. So nix that idea.

• 8 months later...
21 minutes ago, OldChevyNut said:

Anyone know where I can get a magnetic drain plug for my 2019 Canyon 3.6 V6.?

The standard one is OK, but with first oil change found magnetic stuff in oil.

Dimple is one place.

Gold Plug is another.

Mishimoto is another choice.

Wow ... Thanks guys ... After getting specifics on the neodymium magnet grades used the 2 of the 12 x 1.75 drain plugs found so far, I'm just ordered the Dimple, but the price is really high. Then again, that one has a very high grade magnet, but the numbers on the Mishimoto are right up there also but I couldn't find a 12 x 1.75.

I also wanted one with a replaceable o-ring, instead of a crush washer, which can be a source of drips caused by expansion/contraction from changing engine temps.

By the way, if anyone ever asks, those neodymium magnets can be created to stand temperatures up to 1500 degrees F, and never lose their strength. So they'll likely outlast the vehicle, by several hundred years.

Thanks for the fast response and comment. Placed and order and got one coming.

We just recently took delivery of a 2019 Canyon we special ordered, and when it went over 600 miles I changed the oil, found some small fragments. Wanted a good magnet to catch all that stuff. Thanks again.

• 9 months later...

Magnetic drain plugs are great and I think all engines should have them. I'm kind of shocked that our engines don't.

But Just remember..they will only attract steel, they won't attract aluminum and there's a lot of aluminum in modern engines.