Speed indicator tab

Yes- and next time your out check out how accurate it is.  If you watch it will change almost immediately when you pass a speed limit sign when it changes.  I've always wondered how can it possibly know where every single speed limit sign is but it is remarkably accurate. Only works on more prevalent roads though, doesn't seem to work well around town or residential streets.

I could be wrong but I also think there's a setting where it will beep at you when you go over.

Edited by reardiff

Pretty cool when it’s accurate. Don’t let it get you in trouble. Mine is inaccurate every now and then. There’s one road I drive every day with a posted limit of 45mph. Truck says it’s 50mph every time. 

Edited by dmorrisL86

Wonder if it is tied to Navigation, so if you have factory NAV you get it and if you don't then maybe it's not available?

I found this in the owners manual of my 2017 under Instruments and Controls (page 158)

image.png.9f066e9dc18b65f0bddd49ce19881e6d.png

Edited by reardiff

Wonder if it is tied to Navigation, so if you have factory NAV you get it and if you don't then maybe it's not available?

I found this in the owners manual of my 2017 under Instruments and Controls (page 158)

image.png.9f066e9dc18b65f0bddd49ce19881e6d.png

I'm pretty sure it is tied to the NAV. My '16 has that feature and I have NAV and my dad has no NAV and no feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yup. It’s tied to the map data used for the navigation. As others have pointed out, this can be out of date. Be careful. Very cool feature, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats too bad. I use android auto all the time and keep hoping it will update with something similar. Honestly it's never a situation where I want to know the exact speed but sometimes you'll pull onto a road you're not familiar with and won't see signs for a while so it's a guess if it's a 35 or 55 road. Tiny thing but cool.

27 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

Thats too bad. I use android auto all the time and keep hoping it will update with something similar. Honestly it's never a situation where I want to know the exact speed but sometimes you'll pull onto a road you're not familiar with and won't see signs for a while so it's a guess if it's a 35 or 55 road. Tiny thing but cool.

If you use Waze on Android Auto it does have the speed limit on it. But same as the onboard NAV one, not 100% accurate but I'd say 98% accurate for it.

• Like 1