Cleaning & Care for Trucks with Grille Guards

Hi guys,

New here, so the other day my front bumper sustained some damage and that got me to thinking. I've wanted a grille guard ever since the day I got my truck. Just wondering how difficult It will be to clean the front end of my truck with the grille guard in place? What do you guys use to get behind the grille guard to clean the bodywork? Thinking either Westin, Ranchhand or Go Industries. Images for reference.

81gjDrxGV7L._SL1500_.jpg

go-rhino-wrangler-grille-guard-silverado.jpg

hdx-grille-guard-4.jpg

legend-grille-guards-chevy-2016.jpg

Edited by GM Canadian Guy

Seems like there wouod be no real way unless you csn reach your habd behind the grill. Maybe have the front end ceramic coated and that should last a yesr or 2

There are many designs of grill guard/ push bars available without the mesh.  This would make cleaning easier but maybe not the level of protection you want.  I drove with various grill guards/ push bars when I worked many miles from paved roads.  I don't recall cleaning to be a concern but a clean truck when you're living off pavement is not the same as a city clean!

Yeah I would definitely steer away from the grills with the mesh.  The mesh would make it very difficult to clean behind. 

I like the one one in the last pic if it was available without mesh. It seems to fit and complement the lines of the front end the best, but that’s all just opinion...

I have a grille guard with mesh on my truck, and it is somewhat of a pain to clean the front of the truck.  You have to reach behind the grille guard to do it, which obviously is more difficult, and slower than if there wasn't one installed. But I can get the front of my truck just as clean and bug free as if the guard wasn't there, with a little effort. And you also have to clean the grille guard which is usually covered in bugs. That being said, I live in an area where the local chamber of commerce advertises us as the "Deer Capital of Texas", so it's not a matter of if I'll hit a deer, but when.

• Like 1

Well I'm not sure, thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to see if I can track someone down with a grille guard on in person and see how tough it looks to clean. I think my local dealer has a show truck on their lot with one of these guards on it.