McKees 37 Nano Coating done

I had bought the coating and iron remover but haven't had 3hr to properly wash and apply this.

Today was the day!

After getting a car wash, i came home and started hand washing the truck panel by panel, rubbing anything that needed rubbing off.

Then i sprayed the iron remover and let stay and work for few minutes. You can see its working even though i couldn't see anything on the surface.

Then I washed this off and while the panel is wet, spray the Nano Coating on and with in 5 seconds hose it off.

İt does it's reaction with water and the coating is on there.

Simple process, just need to do it panel at a time and do proper steps before the coating.

Here are some pics..8a78e7f2c4cbe7bcc24104fbda20db45.jpg0cdd92b1006fcf9faafbf4cb5da2eabf.jpgb8162b4ce0a46dd8b518365ee1aa6c93.jpg5de4859535c71ace48e8333fa238b9d9.jpg5b7a17eac5ea13063d40ded088d0f4c1.jpgdf77207f6fd8bc7cf73ce1580684a471.jpg7016e372f22b3de598ff81737d94b144.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So what does the Nano coating do exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
İts like ceramic coating, creates a super slick later than keeps dirt and water from sticking. İt rained the next day after I did this and while my tannoeu cover had water on it, none of the body panels had any water on it. Just keeps things cleaner.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 7:37 PM, Mike GMC said:

That iron remover seems to do about the same thing as a clay bar.  Would be very interested in hearing updates over the next few months to tell us how well it lasts.

Iron remover actually works better than clay in a lot of cases as it removes the small stuff embedded in the paint that the clay sometimes misses.  When prepping, I am doing both starting with the iron remover. I was using the wheel cleaner as well until Adams came out with iron remover. Works great.

This Nano coating sounds similar to the top maintenance coatings you put on the name brand ceramics.  I spray it on my ceramic monthly to boost the level of ceramic protection and maintain it.

Iron remover actually works better than clay in a lot of cases as it removes the small stuff embedded in the paint that the clay sometimes misses.  When prepping, I am doing both starting with the iron remover. I was using the wheel cleaner as well until Adams came out with iron remover. Works great.

This Nano coating sounds similar to the top maintenance coatings you put on the name brand ceramics.  I spray it on my ceramic monthly to boost the level of ceramic protection and maintain it.

Just a heads up, if you leave this on more than 5 seconds, it could start to stain and etch in. The following day I discovered that my aftermarket powder coated running boards have a matte finish on it now with some stains.
İ guess i didn't rinse them off and the dripping from the panels caused the staining. Just make sure to rinse your wheels and everything when doing this.

3 hours ago, Ozer said:

İts like ceramic coating, creates a super slick later than keeps dirt and water from sticking. 

Not to be a jerk, but I've never understood how exotic materials like ceramic, teflon, cross-linked diamond molecules, etc. can be bonded to automotive paint by simply rubbing them on with a rag at room temperature.    

My hunch is that all of these products are essentially similar, with the key ingredient being 99% elbow grease.   

Not to be a jerk, but I've never understood how exotic materials like ceramic, teflon, cross-linked diamond molecules, etc. can be bonded to automotive paint by simply rubbing them on with a rag at room temperature.    

My hunch is that all of these products are essentially similar, with the key ingredient being 99% elbow grease.   
İm not sure,im not a chemist or a scientist but its even simpler than that. Wash Spray and Rinse. No elbow grease required, except when washing.

Hey, it works thats all i know. İ will update this in the future when i noticed it not working anymore

3 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

I dont use clay anymore. i prefer clay block. 

1 hour ago, don67 said:

Well just try to remove it. It requires a buffer and compound.

I agree that they are all somewhat similar in the fact they are SIO based.  But the bonding is real and in my personal experience with applying the coating it had zero to do with elbow grease.

Edited by rrmccabe