No lights on my climate control panel

Hello all, 

First time trying this forum. I hope someone can help with a dead HVAC control module. I believe that it started when I used my remote start to start my truck. When the truck is running by the remote nothing works on the HVAC as per normal until you insert and turn the key...at this point everything should work. The only thing not working now no matter what I do is the HVAC control. I tried resetting everything by disconnecting the battery overnight and by using the remote again in hopes that it would allow the HVAC to power up but nothing works.

Has anyone had this issue before and how did you solve it. 

FYI, I know the control module is good as I tried it out with a 2017 Sierra and it lit up.

I hope his makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?  My 2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD has buttons on the climate control panel that do not light up, makes it difficult to see what does what when driving at night, they are basically invisible.  Some of the buttons have lights that work, others do not. The defrost and rear defrost lights, as well as the foot air vent buttons all are out, the others all work.

IMG_0950.thumb.jpg.307dce22b474e1841eec6f53ff2ec825.jpg

3 hours ago, Daniel Briley said:

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?  My 2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD has buttons on the climate control panel that do not light up, makes it difficult to see what does what when driving at night, they are basically invisible.  Some of the buttons have lights that work, others do not. The defrost and rear defrost lights, as well as the foot air vent buttons all are out, the others all work.

IMG_0950.thumb.jpg.307dce22b474e1841eec6f53ff2ec825.jpg

Welcome to the site.

If you are still under the bumper to bumper factory warranty, take it in and have them replace it.

It is a non serviceable part, once the bulbs burn out, you have to replace whole unit.

• Like 1

I had two of my LED’s burn out a few months back in mine so I had all but two working. They had to replace the whole module under warranty. In and out of the dealership in 45 while they replaced. Of course it took 2 months to get the part in from back order. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, Cupton said:

I had two of my LED’s burn out a few months back in mine so I had all but two working. They had to replace the whole module under warranty. In and out of the dealership in 45 while they replaced. Of course it took 2 months to get the part in from back order. 

What did you order? I’m having the same problem on my 2018 Sierra. 

8 hours ago, Luke Duke said:

What did you order? I’m having the same problem on my 2018 Sierra. 

Honestly, I don’t know what was ordered other than a replacement for the control unit.  There was no way to replace just the LED’s (according to the techs) behind the buttons so the whole module was replaced. I can try and see if I can find the work order to look for a part number. 

EDIT: Can’t find the work order but looking online for my trim, with the auto dual climate, this is what they replaced. 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-15-74881

Edited by Cupton

I have the same issue on my '08 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, but mine the LEDs work fine, except for in the middle of the panel, where it shows the temps for dual controls, and what the fan speed is at.  All the buttons at top and bottom work fine, and the controls for fan and temp work fine, but I have no way of knowing what the temp is set to, other than to "feel" whether it's hot or cold.  I was told I need to replace the control module.  I found some on eBay, ranging in price from as low as $40 for "used", which may or may not fail soon after I install it, up to $300 for a "new" unit, which still has a "limited" warranty, probably not longer than a year or less.  You can take your chances, as others have, and replace the unit yourself.  Usually, there are either 3 or 4 connectors on the back, with a part #, which determines which module you need.  You just have to make sure that the module you're getting has the same part #.  Most of the ones I found were going for about $80 for mine.  Your model may vary.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...