Leasing?

Im 100% in favor of leasing! No way in hell i'm paying 700-800 mth for a truck! 

Leasing gives you the option to return the POS  it or buy it.  more than likely the buy out will be 2-3 grand over with the kbb/nada value is.

With all the problems that are going on with these trucks i be pissed if im locked into a bank loan for 60-72 mth. 

Only truck i bought out was my 2006 because that's when the GOV got involved and F'ed up the lease's......i believe i paid 13k  & kbb was 18k so.......winner!

im in my '17 for 349. w/0 down only minimal fee's (MSRP $49k) 

read fine print on those 199 deals.......what is the msrp there starting with? 

17 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

The actual payments are $354, but you are paying money up front to bring the payments down to $199.

Perhaps that is a useful strategy if you plan on seeking a loan or mortgage approval in the near future and total monthly payments are a factor in you approval.

I’ve leased a few vehicles and found that I didn’t modify the vehicle the way I wanted because I knew I had to turn it in. This detracted from my overall enjoyment of the vehicle.

It seems to me that you can not negotiate the price of a leased vehicle as much as a vehicle you are buying and the incentives seem better for purchases too.

Leasing before buying is a good idea if you aren’t sure you’ll like the vehicle or if you don’t want/can’t afford the payments of a new vehicle. In that case, it’s essentially a way to stretch out payments over a longer time period which may allow you to purchase a vehicle or keep payments lower. You will however probably pay more in the long run as opposed to buying it outright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 nailed it!

On 8/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, texasaggies16 said:

Not a fan of leasing, normally when I see higher trimmed vehicles my first thought is oh thats lease lol.. to each their own.

you are correct ! have you see the MSRP for a loaded up 2500 or a tahoe? WOW  

15 minutes ago, ram1067 said:

Im 100% in favor of leasing! No way in hell i'm paying 700-800 mth for a truck! 

Leasing gives you the option to return the POS  it or buy it.  more than likely the buy out will be 2-3 grand over with the kbb/nada value is.

With all the problems that are going on with these trucks i be pissed if im locked into a bank loan for 60-72 mth. 

Only truck i bought out was my 2006 because that's when the GOV got involved and F'ed up the lease's......i believe i paid 13k  & kbb was 18k so.......winner!

im in my '17 for 349. w/0 down only minimal fee's (MSRP $49k) 

read fine print on those 199 deals.......what is the msrp there starting with? 

"im in my '17" 

But it's not yours.

Leasing is for those who aren't financially able to afford to purchase a new vehicle, and those who feel they need a brand new vehicle every 36 months or less.

If you do the math, you will always end up paying more in the long run to lease than if you had bought it outright. They pull the wool over your eyes with lower monthly payments, (but there are more payments) and there are a lot of shoppers who only care about the monthly cost. If you lease with the intent to buy, you will still likely pay more than if you just got the 60 month loan to start with.

My truck costs me 0$ monthly except for gas and insurance, which you also have to pay for.

And I plan to keep it for many more years.

So go ahead and lease if you want to, just be aware of the actual costs before you sign.

• Like 5

Leasing can be the right choice for a variety of reasons.  The least valid reason, imo, is because you couldn't otherwise afford the payments or to buy outright.  I would be more proud owning a '14 WT than leasing a '18 HC.  

30 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Leasing can be the right choice for a variety of reasons.  The least valid reason, imo, is because you couldn't otherwise afford the payments or to buy outright.  I would be more proud owning a '14 WT than leasing a '18 HC.  

Amen!!!  that's why i bought my 06! and probably the last one i'll buy!!!  lease it and drive the shit out of it and return the pos! 

They just don't build them like they did back in the day!  lot more fluff then tough!! just my 2cents.......oh by the way i've leased 6 trucks and 10 other gm vehicles!

people say "you don't build equity", i disagree......NEGATIVE EQUITY!!!  to each their own!

Yea that’s a load of crap cause you can’t financially afford it. Doctors lawyers big corporations lease every day so they can’t afford it either please. They make money off you either way. What would it matter if you leased for 36 months then financed it for 48 after that with a great interest rate. Don’t matter either way you can talk pennies to dollars. In the end you can’t take that money you saved with you when you go. Do what you feel is best for you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jaychevy81 said:

Yea that’s a load of crap cause you can’t financially afford it. Doctors lawyers big corporations lease every day so they can’t afford it either please. 

I'm not sure if this comment was intended to support or contradict my earlier comment.  Doctors, lawyers and big corporations are examples where leasing can actually be financially advantageous.  Individuals may also find leasing preferable for personal or budgeting purposes.  My point was that I would not lease as a way to drive a vehicle I couldn't otherwise afford. No crap.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this comment was intended to support or contradict my earlier comment.  Doctors, lawyers and big corporations are examples where leasing can actually be financially advantageous.  Individuals may also find leasing preferable for personal or budgeting purposes.  My point was that I would not lease as a way to drive a vehicle I couldn't otherwise afford. No crap.

Not you man no sweat

I can see the appeal of leasing, but I much prefer owning, being able to customize, and not having a monthly payment. I paid my 2009 off and thoroughly enjoyed being payment-free the following 6 years.

The big thing about leasing isn't just the lower price -- it's that if you stay in leases you never have ANY repair costs.  And if you lease the higher brands (Buick, Cadillac, etc) most of them include oil changes and inspections.  So the only thing you are responsible for over the life of the lease is normal wear-and-tear like brakes and tires but since most leases are around 3 years you won't wear either of those out in that time.

It really depends on how long you are planning to keep the vehicle.  If you want a new vehicle every 3 years and don't want maintenance costs it make sense to lease.  If you will be keeping the vehicle for more than 10 years you may end up with some high maintenance costs but the monthly buyout payments after the lease is up may add up to more than you would spend on repairs.

Leasing is actually good for the used market as well.  Many vehicles coming off lease are sold as GM Certified and come with an extended warranty.  Also unlike rental units a leased car needs to be taken care of or the original Lessee will lose their deposit.  Because of this they are usually in pretty good shape both mechanically and cosmetically.

• Like 3

The big thing about leasing isn't just the lower price -- it's that if you stay in leases you never have ANY repair costs.  And if you lease the higher brands (Buick, Cadillac, etc) most of them include oil changes and inspections.  So the only thing you are responsible for over the life of the lease is normal wear-and-tear like brakes and tires but since most leases are around 3 years you won't wear either of those out in that time.

It really depends on how long you are planning to keep the vehicle.  If you want a new vehicle every 3 years and don't want maintenance costs it make sense to lease.  If you will be keeping the vehicle for more than 10 years you may end up with some high maintenance costs but the monthly buyout payments after the lease is up may add up to more than you would spend on repairs.

Leasing is actually good for the used market as well.  Many vehicles coming off lease are sold as GM Certified and come with an extended warranty.  Also unlike rental units a leased car needs to be taken care of or the original Lessee will lose their deposit.  Because of this they are usually in pretty good shape both mechanically and cosmetically.

Agreed. Leasing isn't just for those who maybe can't afford to purchase and need lower payments.

This is the exact reason why we lease our Escalade and purchased the Silverado. I plan on keeping the truck as it replaced Old Blue, a 2003 Silverado. The SUV is for the wife and it's nice not dealing with extended warranties and warranty work, etc.