• 5 months later...

Is that what is called the K9 BCM?  Is there only one BCM on our trucks(mine is a 2018 1500 single cab WT)

The reason I ask is because after wiring in running board light suddenly my cargo lights and cab mounted brake lights no longer work.  This of course makes me believe something I did caused this and now I need to troubleshoot this problem.  :/

Oh lordy lordy , well I was at least right, I did do something to cause this.  First, the brake light lamp which I replaced with an LED, was in backwards.  There is the first problem solved.  Next I went to the passenger side cabin fuse box and found that fuse number 10 which feeds the cargo lamps was......drum roll...........missing.  What???  Ok I must be wrong so I recheck the diagram but everything is in proper place except this 15A fuse in position #10.  I think this qualifies as a genuine "senior moment".  I do not remember pulling that fuse and I'm pretty sure the cargo lights worked before I started the running board light project and replacing the incandescent bulbs of cargo/upper brake light lamps with LEDs.  Ok, I guess I'll have to accept that as a senior moment and move on but wait......there is one more thing bothering me, 15 amps for cargo lights????  Well I put in a 5A fuse.  15 amps is getting up there and the size of these wires make me uncomfortable.  Per diagrams I've found the cargo lamps are all that on this circuit and I'll sleep better know the 5A fuse is ready to open circuit at the slightest problem.  

Well I just had to report what I found even though it makes me look a little dumb especially for someone who was one an electronics tech.  I just wanted to report the truth so nothing in my previous post causes someone else to take a wrong turn.  :)

Edited by 2WRDR
Have solution....
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...