3.0l duramax Numbers leaked

1 minute ago, lt1z said:

Less tq then then the 6.2 and way less hp then the 5.3 or 6.2...

Interesting that list says the 6.2 is 425/450. That number was short lived and they announced 420/460.

These leaks from GM are usually 95% accurate but they slightly over deliver.  2016 Camaro was leaked to have 440hp, it released with 455. 

6 minutes ago, lt1z said:

Less tq then then the 6.2 and way less hp then the 5.3 or 6.2...

And will probably cost $4k more than the 5.3...

These diesels just arent worth it in half ton segment. There is literally zero benefit. Unless the fuel economy numbers knock it outta the park, it will be a huge flop like the baby powerstroke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWI Denali said:

And will probably cost $4k more than the 5.3...

These diesels just arent worth it in half ton segment. There is literally zero benefit. Unless the fuel economy numbers knock it outta the park, it will be a huge flop like the baby powerstroke.

Agreed but there is stil a small market for half ton diesels. Ford and gm saw dodge making decent sales and didn’t want to stand put anymore. Either way I agree half ton oil burners is not worth the money. The 2.8 Colorado duramax tows 7700.  This 7800 can’t be true. Cmon man 

2 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Agreed but there is stil a small market for half ton diesels. Ford and gm saw dodge making decent sales and didn’t want to stand put anymore. Either way I agree half ton oil burners is not worth the money. The 2.8 Colorado duramax tows 7700.  This 7800 can’t be true. Cmon man 

I see plenty of ram trucks with the ecodiesel in my area, it's quite popular. Ram does offer it in all trims I believe which helps some. I'm wondering if I should hold out for this engine. I bet it performs great, I like the idea of forced induction and  high torque while hauling through the high mountain elevations I frequent.

Only time will tell when the official ratings come out.  To me if you want a reliable 1/2 ton diesel the Nissan would get my vote due to it having a Cummins in it.  Not sure about the rest of the truck but the engine would be bullet proof.  It is 310hp and 555lb-ft torque.  Not trying to sell one but has anyone tried to build a Titan?  So many different options and configurations. GM could take a lesson from this.  Kind of a confusing mess but then you can pick or choose and not have to settle for a package you don't want just to get an option only in that package so to speak.

Torque: 555 lb-ft
MSRP: From $46,450
Towing capacity: 12,030 to 12,310 lbs
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
Bed length: 78 to 79.2″
Payload: 1,850 to 1,975 lbs
Edited by Black02Silverado

Hmmm...this could be what gets me out of my Colorado Diesel.  Couple things I hope they don't screw up.  Better not have electric cooling fans.  Better have the exhaust brake on a separate button from the tow/haul function (Colorado has them on the same button).

I'm not mad at the towing rating, if anything it might be smartly under-rated.  This will definitely have a higher payload than the Colorado diesel, sounds like it will get about the same mpg, has a 3 gallon larger tank too.