2019 Sierra AT4 level/wheel/tires mod

My post from another thread talking about how 2019 GMC is not as favorable to larger tires/lifting as Silverado is:

Here is what looks off and strange to me:

The Proportions of the Tire to Fender Opening ( RED ) Compared to the Gap between the tire & Fender Rear... Fender/Bumper Front at points 3 & 9 O'Clock

GMC's front leading edge angle ( BLUE ) also makes this lift tire combo very Odd.

Untitled-3.thumb.png.fc86e2840f8b9fa1a0d0a576becf056f.png

The six inch lift doesnt look all that great (in my opinion) on the AT4. The six inch lift gets the tires too far out of the wheel well and the angles start looking awkward.....

The future 4 inch lift is an amazing combination, however. There is something that makes the truck look great when the wheels have more coverage inside the wheel well. 

This one of my favorite configurations for the twins. 

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

RE Tire size; I just painted the OE wheels Piano Black and installed General Grabber A/Ts 285/60/20 For me they are the perfect balance of an aggressive tire and great tire on the road. As a side note, I have a set of 22" Denali factory wheels. THEY WON'T CLEAR THE CALIPERS.  I also removed the factory running boards, Nfab makes a great set of rock sliders with removable steps. I think they look better and obviously function much better. The factory running boards weigh nothing and will bend the first time you nudge a rock. 

2019 AT4.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, dilt perns said:

RE Tire size; I just painted the OE wheels Piano Black and installed General Grabber A/Ts 285/60/20 For me they are the perfect balance of an aggressive tire and great tire on the road. As a side note, I have a set of 22" Denali factory wheels. THEY WON'T CLEAR THE CALIPERS.  I also removed the factory running boards, Nfab makes a great set of rock sliders with removable steps. I think they look better and obviously function much better. The factory running boards weigh nothing and will bend the first time you nudge a rock. 

2019 AT4.jpg

Are those 10 ply ? How does it drive/sound ? 

5c873ca641551_2019AT4.thumb.jpg.3e6080e29e0f4df2b2fbda7d58682655.jpg
Is there any rubbing? How did they affect your gas mileage?

Truck looks great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, dilt perns said:

2019 AT4.jpg

3 hours ago, gothp28 said:

Truck looks great.

No rubbing whatsoever. I haven't noticed any gas mileage change. I've owned many trucks and have purchased many different tires from KO2s to Ridge grapplers and in my opinion the General Grabber A/T is the best tire on the market for what I use my truck for. They are 10 ply (load range E) and are quiet on the road but can handle the sand, snow and rocks. Thank you for the compliment. I'm going to install a level kit soon as well. Love the 6.2!

Edited by dilt perns
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

Are those 10 ply ? How does it drive/sound ? 

Yes, load range E which are 10 ply. The don't seem to be any louder than the Bridgestones that came stock. These are my favorite tire by far! I've owned KO2s and many others. I really prefer the General Grabber. If you are on the fence about tires, they offer a 45 day exchange if you don't like them, that's what sold me.

1 hour ago, gothp28 said:

Truck looks great.

FWIW, the 285/60/20 he's running is only a 33.4" tire.  As such, there's no way it's going to rub as it's only 1.1" taller than the 32.3" OEM 275/65/18 tire.

1 hour ago, gothp28 said:

Any more pictures:)

Here is a pic of the rear. I removed the "SIERRA" from the tailgate. I thought it gave it a cleaner look, and I installed Black GMC logos front and rear. 

20190312_092356.jpg

Edited by dilt perns
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dilt perns said:

Yes, load range E which are 10 ply. The don't seem to be any louder than the Bridgestones that came stock. These are my favorite tire by far! I've owned KO2s and many others. I really prefer the General Grabber. If you are on the fence about tires, they offer a 45 day exchange if you don't like them, that's what sold me.

Beautiful truck mate. Cheers ? 

Here is a pic of the rear. I removed the "SIERRA" from the tailgate. I thought it gave it a cleaner look, and I installed Black GMC logos front and rear. 
20190312_092356.thumb.jpg.100277488b51341a0a5cc6b0691767d0.jpg
Did your gas mpg change alot?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 9:08 PM, PhatBoy said:

Stock suspension, 22x10 -18 w/ 33x12.50.  Does have rubbing on mud flap, not major to where I think its going to rip it off but enough that I had to notch it out and clear 85% of it.  

20190312_123933.jpg

What is the back spacing on your rims?