Battery life

I have a 2017 with the oem battery and it feels weak to me. It’s starting to cool down here in TX and was in the low 40’s earlier this week. When I went to take the kids to school it was a real slow crank. Seems odd to me for a year old battery. I put it on a battery tender Wednesday morning and as of tonight it’s still charging. Thinking I may have a bad battery

I replaced the original 2013 built AC Delco battery in my 2014 Sierra a couple months ago. The battery didn’t need to be changed and I had no problems with it. I replaced it simply because it was 5 years old and I didn’t want to push my luck.

I chose a Champion AGM battery from Pepboys for about $150. It comes with a 4 year replacement guarantee. I wouldn’t hesitate to run Interstate, Bosch or many other batteries either.

Battery life will depend on temperature and use or lack thereof.  A friends ultra low mileage 2015 LTZ 4x4 Suburban needed a new battery at exactly 2 years.  Simply refused to crank one morning.  My low mileage 2015 AT needed a new battery at 2 years and 2 months.  It also refused to  crank and after testing the battery was confirmed to be bad.  The company 2015 Denali Duramax with 90K plus miles just had it's batteries replaced after 4 years.  Started cranking very slowly and with an important trip looming, boss said to get new ones put on. 

Triple digit temperatures here in S. Texas punish and push batteries past their limits.

The 2014+'s are battery HOGS!  I am chucking exactly at 2years.......You can take your pro rated warranty and suck on it!  It will most likely be 115F and for 100.00 bucks I can't deal with the aggravation or listening to my wife..why,why?  I can't do it...I can't