Fuel filling issues

Btown

Have a 2019 Silverado. Filled truck up 4 times now at 4 different stations in 2 different states. As gas tank fuel filler neck gets full gas nozzle shuts off and gas shoots out of filler neck all down the side of my new truck. If I did not jump out of the way it would be on me too. This is a brand new truck and has done this from day one. Plus gas all over the paint can’t be good for the clear coat.  It’s not the gas pump since it does it everywhere  and I have tried jamming the nozzle in as far as I can get it and tried pumping the gas very slow. Always same result, pump cuts off and then gas projectiles out of the filler neck.  Anyone else have this issue?  Thanks 

Yes. I was in Attack Squadron 12 with the Navy during the Viet Nam War. We went to sea  on onboard USS Independence. I was an aviation fire control technician. I worked on the flight deck most of the time. If not working on my equipment, we helped the ordnancemen load bombs. Good duty. I'm glad I served. I worked on A-4s too before the Corsairs.

• Like 2

Thanks folks.....going to take mine into the dealer on Monday.  Hope they don't have to take the fuel tank apart! They checked for a TSB and no issues with others as most of you confirmed so guess it will be a trial and error experiment . 

On 11/12/2018 at 1:49 PM, smit303 said:

Yes. I was in Attack Squadron 12 with the Navy during the Viet Nam War. We went to sea  on onboard USS Independence. I was an aviation fire control technician. I worked on the flight deck most of the time. If not working on my equipment, we helped the ordnancemen load bombs. Good duty. I'm glad I served. I worked on A-4s too before the Corsairs.

Outstanding.  Thank you for your service. 

• Like 1

Well took my truck,to the dealer today. They removed the fuel filler hose and checked for any blockage.  Finding none they put it back together.  Filled up and no fuel spilling out and the gas nozzle  cut off as it should when the feud reached the filler neck.

Hope it will last!  No more fuel on my truck and all over the ground. Bit puzzled why taking the hose off and putting it back on without doing anything fixed it? 

Any ideas? 

• Like 1