2019 license plate lights

On 8/26/2019 at 2:15 PM, Kozzy said:

All, I found some old T10/194 LED from a different project that I may try to use in the licence plate light socket. I am concerned about the "height" of this bulb. 

Can anyone provide feedback on whether or not these will work? Is there enough room in the surround/capsule?

http://www.2040-parts.com/2x-t10-car-168-194-w5w-xenon-white-38-smd-led-wedge-side-turn-signal-light-bulb-i1059613/

On 8/26/2019 at 10:59 PM, Wheelguy said:

Says they’re license plate lights so should work since they’re also T10s. Just compare the length to the bulbs that are already in there. IIRC, the incandescent ones were 3/4 to 1 inch long. The area into which they go is pretty sizable for the bulbs. You will be able to tell quickly if there’s a fitment issue. Just very awkward for me to reach up there & turn on the driver’s side.

Just to follow up- they did not fit.. too long :(

Let me know who else on here buys a 10-PK and wants to hook up some fellow new-gen owners!

Anyone asking why LED 194s were not installed from the factory... they are not DOT approved lights.  If you look at your packaging, it should say "For off road use only" somewhere, because they are not DOT approved for road use.

Changed my LP lights out for Sylvania LEDs in about 5 minutes.  Looks a billion times better.  

16 hours ago, Kozzy said:

Just to follow up- they did not fit.. too long :(

Let me know who else on here buys a 10-PK and wants to hook up some fellow new-gen owners!

Figures - one would think a certain sized bulb would meet certain dimensions other than on the contact end.  Just as soon as I insinuate they should, they won't LOL.

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2018 at 5:10 PM, Pyrojodge said:

Thanks... heres what i used.  I was concerned that with the rear view mirror camera and back up camera they may flash but all is well.

Tail lights: AUXITO 912 921 LED Backup Light Bulbs High Power 2835 15-SMD Chipsets Extremely Bright Error Free T15 906 W16W for Back Up Lights Reverse Lights, 6000K White (Upgraded,Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728DYR9H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7sE9BbH185JEP

License plate lights: AUXITO 194 LED Light Bulb 6000K White Super Bright 168 2825 W5W T10 Wedge 24-SMD 3014 Chipsets LED Replacement Bulbs Error Free for Car Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights (Pack of 10) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LHP5WP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ouE9BbRCAANBR

I used these bulbs for my truck. Reverse lights are amazing. Tag lights won’t come on, and now the old bulbs don’t work either. Blown fuse? Doesn’t make sense to go to LED and blow a fuse, but something happened. Any ideas guys?