2019 license plate lights

Has any one who's swapped out any incandescent bulbs to LED bulbs noticed any electrical issues pop up.  

This may be unrelated but I swapped out my license plate bulbs today.  Drove around for a bit, came back home, shift into reverse to back into the driveway and I get a blue screen "service rear vision system".  Checked 6 hours later and it was gone.

First electrical gremlin I've encountered, got to reading owners manual and came across this..... Any opinions??

bulb.PNG

9 hours ago, PhatBoy said:

Has any one who's swapped out any incandescent bulbs to LED bulbs noticed any electrical issues pop up.  

This may be unrelated but I swapped out my license plate bulbs today.  Drove around for a bit, came back home, shift into reverse to back into the driveway and I get a blue screen "service rear vision system".  Checked 6 hours later and it was gone.

First electrical gremlin I've encountered, got to reading owners manual and came across this..... Any opinions??

bulb.PNG

Not a single issue since I swapped out mine for LEDs (license plate only).

I have replaced all bulbs with LEDs, besides the license plate bulbs so far. (front turn signals and rear back-up lights). 

Never had that error message. I agree with others that it's just coincidence. 

I think GM puts that warning in the manual mainly for the front turn signals. If you don't get them with built in load resistors, I could see how it could mess up the system. Then again, they will hyper-flash from day one, so I'm not sure how anyone would leave them in. 

I bought a ten pack from amazon for pretty cheap. I have 8 of these left over. They work well, no issues. Pretty bright. If anyone wants two shoot me a DM. I don’t mind paying shipping. It’ll be less than a dollar. Who wants free license plate lights?!?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chance1025 said:

I bought a ten pack from amazon for pretty cheap. I have 8 of these left over. They work well, no issues. Pretty bright. If anyone wants two shoot me a DM. I don’t mind paying shipping. It’ll be less than a dollar. Who wants free license plate lights?!?

I’d love a set. ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chance1025 said:

These have all been claimed now. 

All, I found some old T10/194 LED from a different project that I may try to use in the licence plate light socket. I am concerned about the "height" of this bulb. 

Can anyone provide feedback on whether or not these will work? Is there enough room in the surround/capsule?

http://www.2040-parts.com/2x-t10-car-168-194-w5w-xenon-white-38-smd-led-wedge-side-turn-signal-light-bulb-i1059613/

8 hours ago, Kozzy said:

All, I found some old T10/194 LED from a different project that I may try to use in the licence plate light socket. I am concerned about the "height" of this bulb. 

Can anyone provide feedback on whether or not these will work? Is there enough room in the surround/capsule?

http://www.2040-parts.com/2x-t10-car-168-194-w5w-xenon-white-38-smd-led-wedge-side-turn-signal-light-bulb-i1059613/

Says they’re license plate lights so should work since they’re also T10s. Just compare the length to the bulbs that are already in there. IIRC, the incandescent ones were 3/4 to 1 inch long. The area into which they go is pretty sizable for the bulbs. You will be able to tell quickly if there’s a fitment issue. Just very awkward for me to reach up there & turn on the driver’s side.