Anyone with GM Performance Cat-Back Exhaust/Air Intake ?

1 hour ago, n8huntsman said:

The 5k ($4,940) includes the 6.2L motor, 18" wheels and Duratrac tires.  If you already have the 6.2L and the other items in your build, the package only adds $2150 in cost.

PCJ - Off-Road Performance Package, includes (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (PDM) Performance Upgrade Package, LPO, (R3O) LT275/65R18C MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires and (RT5) 18" machined aluminum with Dark Grey accents

PDM - LPO, Performance Upgrade Package, includes (5W7) Performance Air Intake System, LPO and (WBC) Cat-Back Performance Exhaust, LPO, (dealer-installed)

Thank you for clarifying that. $2100 seems reasonable. 

What muffler did you use or do you recommend? 

I’ve been going to a exhaust bender for 40 years. Back when you could get real impressive results by changing exhaust. The little gains you get out of complete exhaust changes should make people realize that stock exhaust flows really well. So basically you’d be changing exhaust for sound. That would be up to you how loud you want to go. I just wanted a little over stock so I went with a maga flow type muffler. Even muffler delete would work. Be mindful your not always going to be hearing V-8 sounds with cylinder deactivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Schmoe said:

My local dealership just quoted me $800 for labor for gm performance exhaust and COI. That’s just labor. Does that seem high? $400+ for exhaust, and $300+ for COI

That’s insane. I paid $120 for the exhaust install and didn’t even buy it from the dealer. CAI should be even easier. Certainly no more than 1 hour labor on that.

FYI, if you buy the parts directly from the Chevy web site, there’s a 15% off promo, and you can pre-pay the installation. The parts get sent to the dealer, you get an email when they are are there and you make an appointment to have them put on.

The install prices you pay going through that site are almost certainly going to be lower than if you bring in the parts from somewhere else or order at the stealership.

Just an example. If you didn’t already buy the parts elsewhere this is probably going to be the cheapest if that’s the best your dealer can do. 

9290E4BF-758D-4EED-80C8-DFDC6AA507E2.png

Edited by OnTheReel

ONTHEREEL- thanks, for two things 1) being able to decipher my autocorrect COI as CAI, twice, and 2) this info.  Its very helpful.  Interestingly, when I try to assign my dealership to the pre-pay install, it does not appear as an option. But frankly, I'm fine using another dealership if this is what they are gonna do less than a month after buying a new truck from them. Such is life!

BTW- I asked them if putting on an after market exhaust would void warranty.  Their reply was ,"no, as long as the catalytic converter is in place"'.  I asked them to send me an email stating that, and they said, "we can't do that". 

Edited by Schmoe

Definitely worth driving someplace else if the rate is cheaper. Some dealers sell a lot of lifts and accessories, and usually those are the ones you’d want to go with since they do it every day. 

Seems like your particular service department doesn’t want the business anyway. I drive 30 minutes each way instead of going to my local dealer for anything. Some places you just can’t trust.

In regards to the warranty, if any failure would occur, GM would have to prove that it happened due to aftermarket parts. Never heard of anyone having that problem over a cat-back. But the GM exhaust sounds as good as any and it’s nice to have it installed by the dealer and warrantied with the truck, so that’s what I went for. I’m very happy with the sound and quality of it. Wish it were cheaper but I say that about everything...

I got my AT4 6.2 exhaust from chevyparts for 1200 delivered and installed it myself. Whole thing took about 2 hours and I didn’t even have to lift the truck. All I needed was a sawall and 13 &15 mm wrenches or sockets. 

Sounds great on start up and take off but quiet once cruising. 

On 3/13/2019 at 3:13 PM, OnTheReel said:

9F258180-6FA7-4AF0-9559-7343EB0BDC87.thumb.jpeg.f76d654931a86b1e187c3ae9bca4e0e4.jpeg

Just an example. If you didn’t already buy the parts elsewhere this is probably going to be the cheapest if that’s the best your dealer can do. 

9290E4BF-758D-4EED-80C8-DFDC6AA507E2.png

5902B8CF-8E84-4D36-9276-4FF5F92D88E4.png

So, interestingly, I took the truck in today for its first oil change (came with purchase of truck). I showed them this thread, and magically they are willing to match all these prices now.  But the sale guy did ask me if I would just pay $100 more than what was show , with a straight face. I asked him why I would do that, and he just said “I’m a sales guy. I have to try”. Ughhhh...

Edited by Schmoe

Does anyone happen to have video of the difference between the cat back exhaust with and without the CAI? All the research I’ve done has me torn on the performance piece of it, but “the sound is great”. I just can’t find anything that demonstrates the difference the CAI makes in sound. Is it noticeable after the addition of the performance exhaust?