Exhaust help

I'm trying to give my truck a slight "grunt" to it without spending a bunch of money. I really want the next step up from stock as far as sound goes. Any opinions?

Cut out the muffler and replace it with straight pipe. Leave the cats, resonator and valve in place. Plenty of videos of this on YouTube and seems to fit what you’re asking for perfectly. Will run you about $50 at a shop.
  • Like 1

With the 5.3 you have a lot of options. I have the 6.2 but am really happy with Magnaflow as there is really no drone. There are definitely times I wish it was louder though. If I were to do it over I would start by removing the flapper and muffler to see how it sounds with just the resonator. Watching some videos on YouTube makes me think it would be perfect. You could always add a 14 or 18” Magnaflow if you needed to tame it a little. 

Magnaflow 14” or MBRP

ive gone through quite a few setups and those two are my preference. 

Deep idle, mellow cruise, good drone control, and throaty when you’re on the go pedal. 

I have a 2018 DC SB 4x4 with the 6.2L.  
Is the exhaust 3" or 3.5"?  Would you recommend removing the flapper or just replacing the muffler.  Any amount of drone is unacceptable.  That's my only hold up in doing exhaust changes.  Looking at the Magnaflow 12909.

Thanks guys!

I have a 2018 DC SB 4x4 with the 6.2L.  
Is the exhaust 3" or 3.5"?  Would you recommend removing the flapper or just replacing the muffler.  Any amount of drone is unacceptable.  That's my only hold up in doing exhaust changes.  Looking at the Magnaflow 12909.

Thanks guys!

I had a magnaflow on my 2011 6.2.. Heavy drone pulling a trailer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On 12/22/2018 at 7:32 PM, Nitrousbird said:

If you want more power the exhaust is not where it is at.  Add a flex fuel sensor and a tune.  Will cost you less than a good catback and result in a lot more power. 

Not looking for more power. Just a bit more aggressive sound. My truck is too quiet except at WOT. I want to hear that 6.2 just a little bit more. Kinda like the girlfriends 2010 RS SS Camaro. 

Edited by paracutin