New 2019 Silverado and I'm wanting to get text notifications and be able to read and reply to texts using voice. My 2017 would at least notify me. Android S9. Spent 45 minutes with MyLink and still won't work. Changed usb cords twice. Android Auto people were no help. With today's technology you would think you could do this with bluetooth. Any help?

Thanks,

B

Your phone should work with messaging without Android Auto. Ensure your phone is Bluetooth Pairing with Mylink. Ensure that Media and Messaging are enabled when the messages appear on your phone after pairing. Ensure the Messaging App is loaded on your Mylink. Select Messaging Icon to ensure it loads and displays your text messages. You should be able to select a message, listen and/or read it and respond to it with voice. There have been times when the Messaging App would deny loading the phone messages. Reconnect the pairing or try deleting the Message App and reload. You may have tried most of this already, I thought I'd just write down want I have done.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

the only way i can get that to work, and it does, but i cant reply using voice only text and you cant text while driving. If i have a good signal, i can reply using google with voice but rarely do i have a good enough wifi signal unless i purchase a plan.

• 1 year later...