2019 - Fog Lights On With Hi Beams ?

Anyone figured out the jumper hack to get the fog lights to work with high beams?  I know it's pretty easy to do this for the K2 trucks, but I looked today at the brown connector plug on my 2019 -  seems much smaller when compared to my old 2016.  The connector and the wires are smaller.  Appears to be a real PITA to get the diode inserted. 

I can't answer your question but it's a pretty similar issue I've noticed that maybe somebody can help with..... When you turn on the fog light it disables the Automatic High beams, any way around that?

On 1/12/2019 at 4:59 PM, StevenStarke said:

Just seems like a useless modification. You use brights to see further out. Fogs are more up close and lower to the ground on the sides. What benefit is having both on simultaneously?

So you don’t see the need to see what’s up close to you as long as you can see what’s a mile down the road?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/2/2019 at 2:57 PM, PRO GEM said:

Boost Auto Parts makes a jumper for the previous years. I'm sure they will have one for the 19's sooner or later.

It is out for the 19s... same as the previous version, as is it is nothing more than a jumper with a diode.

They make a note that some models will have a different wire color,  but that the position is what is most important.

I also see the need for lots of light way out there, but also up close in the corners.  Driving around the ranch at night with the truck pitching and bucking on the rough roads, I need a bunch of light everywhere that I can get it, and the dang grille shutters are preventing me from having a very clean install on any sort of covert grille mounted off road light... grr!

With the Boost Auto mod, will I still be able to turn the fog lights on and off using the factory switch? I like the idea of them being on with the high beams turned on. I just want to make sure that the factory switch will still work if needed.

12 hours ago, AJ Sullivan said:

It is out for the 19s... same as the previous version, as is it is nothing more than a jumper with a diode.

They make a note that some models will have a different wire color,  but that the position is what is most important.

I also see the need for lots of light way out there, but also up close in the corners.  Driving around the ranch at night with the truck pitching and bucking on the rough roads, I need a bunch of light everywhere that I can get it, and the dang grille shutters are preventing me from having a very clean install on any sort of covert grille mounted off road light... grr!

According to the  Boost Auto Website, the light Mod is Not available for the 2019 Silverado 1500, only for the 2019 Silverado 2500/3500.

On 5/1/2019 at 1:22 PM, DougFL said:

According to the  Boost Auto Website, the light Mod is Not available for the 2019 Silverado 1500, only for the 2019 Silverado 2500/3500.

Oh... duh.  I see that now. 

ETA: I called, they have not even looked at the 2019s yet.  I checked the Body Builder manual, and the wire colors are the same for the two light control wires, and the positions in the wire harness are the same.  I guess that I will be a beta tester for them and go ahead and order one.  We shall see.

Ordered. Should be here Monday. 

Edited by AJ Sullivan

Boost Auto Module arrived and installed.  Works exactly as advertised in a 2019 Sierra 1500.  Wires are exactly the same color and place as the install video instructs, zero changes, zero problems.

It even works with a Speed Turtle 3.0 Flash Module in case anyone looks at this later.

Edited by AJ Sullivan
  • Like 3