The "Catch Can" Explained - By Elite Engineering

you need the 3/8" for the PCV

so why are the fittings so expensive? The stock pcv line with fittings is $10 on rockauto and $8 shipped, but $9 just for one fitting, or is that for a pair? 

13 hours ago, 3tspapat said:

you need the 3/8" for the PCV

so why are the fittings so expensive? The stock pcv line with fittings is $10 on rockauto and $8 shipped, but $9 just for one fitting, or is that for a pair? 

Lots of folks buy the line and take the fittings off. Lots of others want or need just one as a replacement (or haven't searched and found the line you are referencing) or want to upgrade their current set-up. GM and all manufactures buy in bulk and that reduces their cost by a ton. I found these fittings on a website and they actually cost MORE than UPR or Elite is charging...these fittings are not easily found by themselves. I applaud these guys for making them available at a decent price...are they expensive? Yes. Are either of these offerings outrageous? No. Think of it like this; you need your oil changed and XXX charges you $75 for the oil/filter change. Your not going to find 8 quarts of oil, filter, disposal and your time for $75. They can do it for that and still make money because they buy in bulk. Even if they bought a boat load of lines, they have to pay someone to remove them to re-sell individually. It's all about the convenience factor. I am certainly not saying they don't make a profit, but it's not much and for them it may even be a break even deal to keep their customer base happy.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, ToesonTheNose said:

Just installed my E2 catch can on my 2017 silverado, within 10 min I have a CEL  service emmissions system alert from On star  didnt have this happen on my 2014  any ideas?

Need to see how you hooked it up.. sounds like a vacuum leak or check valve in backwards

7 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Need to see how you hooked it up.. sounds like a vacuum leak or check valve in backwards

No check valve, just 2 connections, the center of the can is hooked to the PCV barb by the throttle body, the plug next to it is hooked to the barb on the side of the motor driver side rear 

checked can. It appears the bottom of the Can was barely screwed on I should have checked it. Would that have caused a leak?  I don’t think I hear any hissing now. Just the belt noise 

Edited by ToesonTheNose

3 minutes ago, ToesonTheNose said:

No check valve, just 2 connections, the center of the can is hooked to the PCV barb by the throttle body, the plug next to it is hooked to the barb on the side of the motor driver side rear 

The lines are backwards, the clean side (by the throttle body) should be going to to the exit port on the can, the dirty side to the center.

1 minute ago, ToesonTheNose said:

Do those ferrings look tight enough 

image.jpg

I just now see your picture, is the center line going to the side of the engine and the other line to the throttle body barb?

1 minute ago, SS502 said:

I just now see your picture, is the center line going to the side of the engine and the other line to the throttle body barb?

5:20 of this video says center line goes to throttle bottle and the one next to it goes to side of motor.   My center line is going to throttle body 

1 minute ago, ToesonTheNose said:

5:20 of this video says center line goes to throttle bottle and the one next to it goes to side of motor.   My center line is going to throttle body 

The video shows the newer style or 6.2L your dirty side has to go into the middle port on your can. Your dirty side is either on the side by the valve cover area on the drivers side or on the bottom area of the throttle body. The clean side is the barb on the top area of the throttle body. That line goes from the NON CENTER port off the can to the top side area of the throttle body 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToesonTheNose said:

Catch_Can_Install_Chevy_GMC_2014_5.3L_6.

7 minutes ago, SS502 said:

The video shows the newer style or 6.2L your dirty side has to go into the middle port on your can. Your dirty side is either on the side by the valve cover area on the drivers side or on the bottom area of the throttle body. The clean side is the barb on the top area of the throttle body. That line goes from the NON CENTER port off the can to the top side area of the throttle body 

Copy that so on my 5.3. The center line now goes to the side of the motor and the non center line goes to my throttle body.   I appreciate the swift reply 

Just now, ToesonTheNose said:

Copy that so on my 5.3. The center line now goes to the side of the motor and the non center line goes to my throttle body.   I appreciate the swift reply 

Yes, the side of your motor is your dirty side that goes to the center of the can, the non center is your clean side that goes to the throttle body ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Yes, the side of your motor is your dirty side that goes to the center of the can, the non center is your clean side that goes to the throttle body ?

Just to be clear, the throttle body barb should be near the top right (as you look from the front to back)