2017 5.3 engine ticking sound?

I have a 2017 with a 5.3 engine and 16,000 miles. I cant seem to remember when I bought the truck if it had this ticking sound. It doesn't sound like it's in the valve train. Kinda sounds lower in the engine department? It's not super loud and happens about every second. It doesn't seem to matter if the engine is hot or cold. Happens all the time. Has anyone else experienced this and know what it could be? Thanks 

My 15 has done it since I  bought it new. I have 42,000 miles sounds the same 3 years later. Now I will say my friend at work as a 2018 5.3 and it's as quiet as a mouse. Not any ticking sound like mine. I'm not going to worry about it I guess its normal. My other friends 2014 it has a 102,000 on it and his sounds the same as mine. So that's another reason I'm not worried about it. 

• Like 1

It is not really annoying until I’m at a drive-thru, but I rarely do that and I don’t give a darn about the toll booth money takers...they are rude as all get out so I hope my noise is irritating to them ?