ProTech Spray On Bedliner

ProTech does a spray in bedliner in my area. I am looking for input from folks who know about/understand these coatings and can compare them to Line-X, Rhino, or Bullet (seem to be the big 3 in the threads I found during my search). Bought my truck used, it was a construction truck, so part of my reason for a spray in is cleaning up the appearance and long term protection. I will still keep my GM bed mat with the liner. Haven't decided if I'll put a bed cover on in lieu of the truck box that came with it.

I mean this nicely, I'm really not looking for "I have brand x and it's the greatest". I've already read a lot of threads along those lines and don't want to start that type of thread up again.

Here is a link to their website: ProTech Spray On Bedliners 

They quoted me $425 for my truck (CCSB) if you want to compare price and are in the area.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Honest opinion, based on what I see in their pictures, it looks like you'll get what you pay for.  My first reaction when I saw the first picture was "That looks thin", could just be the pictures.  After looking through a little more there are before/after pics.  The after pic of the truck that had the DIY bedliner has several spots in it like there was buildup on the nozzle of the gun that dripped onto the liner and the person applying it just left it.

I would definitely ask around and see if you can find anyone else that has had them put on and talk to them before dropping that kind of money on something you might regret later.

*EDIT* I also see no mention of UV protection for the liner.  If you don't get a bed cover, get something with UV protection or it will look like reheated death in 5 or so years.

That said, I did have a Line-X liner put in a 2007 LB I had eons ago.  I liked it, but I'm not a fanboy here to tout the advantages of it or disparage this company because of it.

Edited by Darmichar

I have never used Rhino but I have a truck with Line-X and one with ProTech. The Line-X is in a 2015 the ProTech is in a 2005 that the last person had nothing in and the bed was very scraped up. I can say the line-x has held up better but not by alot and is probably because hardness and tensile is higher with the Line-x. Plus I like the added benefit of UV protection with the Line-X. Dont get me wrong the Protech has still held up great and there would be no reason I would not get it again especially since it was cheaper to get then the Line-X. Honestly it all comes down to abuse and how well they hold up.

3 hours ago, Darmichar said:

Honest opinion, based on what I see in their pictures, it looks like you'll get what you pay for.  My first reaction when I saw the first picture was "That looks thin", could just be the pictures.  After looking through a little more there are before/after pics.  The after pic of the truck that had the DIY bedliner has several spots in it like there was buildup on the nozzle of the gun that dripped onto the liner and the person applying it just left it.

I would definitely ask around and see if you can find anyone else that has had them put on and talk to them before dropping that kind of money on something you might regret later.

*EDIT* I also see no mention of UV protection for the liner.  If you don't get a bed cover, get something with UV protection or it will look like reheated death in 5 or so years.

That said, I did have a Line-X liner put in a 2007 LB I had eons ago.  I liked it, but I'm not a fanboy here to tout the advantages of it or disparage this company because of it.

Thanks for looking over the site and your input. I also noticed that their warranty won't come up online. The price is good, and they told me they did 1400 trucks last year, so they can't be all bad. But, I don't want to do this twice.

1 hour ago, Bash74 said:

I have never used Rhino but I have a truck with Line-X and one with ProTech. The Line-X is in a 2015 the ProTech is in a 2005 that the last person had nothing in and the bed was very scraped up. I can say the line-x has held up better but not by alot and is probably because hardness and tensile is higher with the Line-x. Plus I like the added benefit of UV protection with the Line-X. Dont get me wrong the Protech has still held up great and there would be no reason I would not get it again especially since it was cheaper to get then the Line-X. Honestly it all comes down to abuse and how well they hold up.

Thanks for the comparison. I'm guessing you're in the Triangle area. Have you heard anything about ProTech from others?

I've had Rhino linings in my previous 10 trucks. Very good luck with them. Be aware that they have two different coatings, the tough grip has a rougher texture and is softer so it helps keep things from sliding around. can't recall what the other one was called but it was thinner and had a hard texture to it, was also somewhat cheaper than the tough grip. I currently have the factory  sprayed in liner in my Trail Boss and it appears to be very similar to line x.  Rhino also has a lifetime warranty, at least they did when I had the last one done which was  in 2015.

14 hours ago, Booger T said:

I've had Rhino linings in my previous 10 trucks. Very good luck with them. Be aware that they have two different coatings, the tough grip has a rougher texture and is softer so it helps keep things from sliding around. can't recall what the other one was called but it was thinner and had a hard texture to it, was also somewhat cheaper than the tough grip. I currently have the factory  sprayed in liner in my Trail Boss and it appears to be very similar to line x.  Rhino also has a lifetime warranty, at least they did when I had the last one done which was  in 2015.

Thank you, sir!

Thanks for the comparison. I'm guessing you're in the Triangle area. Have you heard anything about ProTech from others?
Honestly no because where I live there is no where close to get it done so dont know anyone else that has it. I had it done before moving to Alaska.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bash74 said:
19 hours ago, mcdavis said:

Honestly no because where I live there is no where close to get it done so dont know anyone else that has it. I had it done before moving to Alaska.

Yeah, you're just a little ways away. Be safe out there!

On 1/31/2019 at 8:45 PM, mcdavis said:

Thanks for looking over the site and your input. I also noticed that their warranty won't come up online. The price is good, and they told me they did 1400 trucks last year, so they can't be all bad. But, I don't want to do this twice.

I live in the area and had my other truck 2015 silverado 2500hd sprayed here in 2016.  it held up great to what i did with the truck.  I had bed rails installed for my fifth wheel, hauled scuba tanks around, tons of camping equipment, etc.  Bed never chipped or flaked.  for the 3 years i had the truck the liner never faded but my truck is also garage kept.   I just made another appointment with them for next week to have my current truck sprayed.  They also provide all the upgrade the other liners do too.  I found this to bet the better liner in the area, better pricing, and better customer service than others around.

5 minutes ago, JDBLKLBL said:

I live in the area and had my other truck 2015 silverado 2500hd sprayed here in 2016.  it held up great to what i did with the truck.  I had bed rails installed for my fifth wheel, hauled scuba tanks around, tons of camping equipment, etc.  Bed never chipped or flaked.  for the 3 years i had the truck the liner never faded but my truck is also garage kept.   I just made another appointment with them for next week to have my current truck sprayed.  They also provide all the upgrade the other liners do too.  I found this to bet the better liner in the area, better pricing, and better customer service than others around.

Thank you, sir!

On 2/13/2019 at 11:37 AM, mcdavis said:

Thank you, sir!

MCDavis,

Just had my truck sprayed yesterday.  It looks great.  Thicker than some I have seen from other companies.  They are very professional.  They do all of capital dealerships basically.  Dropped it off by 8am and got a call by 12:30 for pick up.  Call and schedule there is also a coupon online.  Price online increased by like $20 bucks in the 2 years i had my other truck done.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OP I live in the triangle area and am considering going with Protech.  Did you ever get your bed sprayed?  The closest Line X vendor is in Fayetteville and about $50.00 more expensive before you factor in the hour drive.  According to JDBLKLBL it appears that Protech has held up well for him.  I am in and out of my bed a fair amount with my hobbies and such.  They did inform me they have a lifetime warranty and will respray if cracks or chips occur.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 12:30 PM, dghuggin1 said:

OP I live in the triangle area and am considering going with Protech.  Did you ever get your bed sprayed?  The closest Line X vendor is in Fayetteville and about $50.00 more expensive before you factor in the hour drive.  According to JDBLKLBL it appears that Protech has held up well for him.  I am in and out of my bed a fair amount with my hobbies and such.  They did inform me they have a lifetime warranty and will respray if cracks or chips occur.

Sorry for the late reply..no, I didn't get it sprayed yet. Wound up with a great deal on a bed cover, decided to try that first. Jury is still out.