RCSB sighting

DTB

18 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

My fav. RCSB era was the 1988-1998 Silverado.

I had a 1994 RCSB Indigo Blue Metallic/Quiksilver metallic 2-Tone Z71

Aside from my '05 Avalanche, it was the best truck I have ever owned.

Will be curious to see how these T1 designs look in this configuration.

I had an 88' GMC SLE 2wd in blue and white two tone with blue bucket interior and rally wheels The 350TBI was very quick in it's day. Loved that truck but ended up having to get rid of it for something practical. It came from the factory with one SLE badge on the drivers side and a SIiverado badge on the passenger side.

• Like 1

I ran across an individual at a car show who put bucket seats in his truck. He then cut a hole in the back of the cab. Put a shell on the back with a door. The bed was anything he wanted it to be. He had hooks and latches all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, UGADawgs said:

Why would anyone want a regular cab? Whyyyyyyyyyyy?????? ?

A truck is to haul things or tow. A car, suv or van is transport people.

I have always owned regular cabs. If Chevy/GMC only make a regular cab in the work truck package then I will buy a Ford.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

If that came with the 6.2 I’d have it as a toy that can do everything my current truck does...minus the ability to carry 5 people but I haven’t done that yet.

I’ve always wanted an SCSB but yet to find the right one for me. My buddy has one but it’s a Ram, the thing with the 5.7 Hemi in it is a blast to drive and so damn easy to park.

8 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

Cheaper, sportier, easier to park, and easier to operate in traffic. Just a few right off the top of my head. I love the way they look. Owned a number of them over the years. I have moved on to crew cabs recently with a family, so i don't need a sedan and a truck, but miss rcsb trucks. I believe that idea is what is going to kill it off but that will be a sad day. 

This forum has some Great looking RCSB's....

When my kids were growing up,, I had 96 Hoe 4 X 4 that went everywhere.

Needed 4 doors and storage at that time..

Now kids are grown-up,, just me and GF,, so picked up 2016 RCSB as leftover in 2017 with very cheap out the door price.

Love how it handles and easy parking..

Recently installed 2" minor lift, adjustable gas shocks and Hellwig adjustable rear sway bar..

It's fun to drive...

Before and After Photo...

Cheers---K

New 2016RCSB.jpg

NewAgainRCSB.JPG

• Like 2

vinemann12 I got a heck of a deal on my regular cab also. Bought my 16 as a left over in Feb 17 they gave me over $11,000 off. 

It was a LS rcsb with the 4.3 v6 It works for me as I usually only haul stuff in the bed and don't tow much.

I have been looking at the 19 trucks. I like the body style but don't have a need or want for a double cab. If they make a 19 rcsb with the 4 cylinder I would get one.  

6 hours ago, vinemann12 said:

This forum has some Great looking RCSB's....

When my kids were growing up,, I had 96 Hoe 4 X 4 that went everywhere.

Needed 4 doors and storage at that time..

Now kids are grown-up,, just me and GF,, so picked up 2016 RCSB as leftover in 2017 with very cheap out the door price.

Love how it handles and easy parking..

Recently installed 2" minor lift, adjustable gas shocks and Hellwig adjustable rear sway bar..

It's fun to drive...

Before and After Photo...

Cheers---K

New 2016RCSB.jpg

NewAgainRCSB.JPG

Looked good before...just a little bada$$ now! That shell really transforms the whole look. I normally don’t care for those bumper bars but it looks like it SHOULD be there. Well done Sir!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, redwngr said:

All reg cabs shown as available for 2019 1500's are 8 footers.

6.5 foot crew and dc 

5'10" crew

While that isn't my first choice; eight foot bed that is, it does come, or did, with the larger fuel tank. Perhaps that is still true? The K2XX is 26 gallon on the RCSB and about 36 gallons for the long bed. Given my mileage that would be some range, eh?