What’s your favorite piece of Memorabilia sitting in your garage?

3 minutes ago, CovetedStyle said:

Me too! I have a ‘50 pickup in my shop right now I just recently finished the air suspension on and will be starting the sheet metal work on later this month that I keep telling the owner I’m going to buy it off him when we are finished because I love the look of it so much! Well after body and paint anyway haha Body styling and curves were so much more impressive back then.

76BD251D-D829-4062-ADC6-4E578B968AC5.jpeg

Boy...we sure have gone backwards in the design arena...that’s just fine art right there!

• Like 1

Boy...we sure have gone backwards in the design arena...that’s just fine art right there!

I love those body styles. You are correct that we have gone away from the stylish curves. I do have a soft spot for a nice square body though. The boss (wife) said I could fix up my old 86 dodge once we have more room in the garage and the kids are gone. Anyone know of places that hire and rent apartments to 7 year olds? Kidding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CovetedStyle said:

That is the TRUTH my friend.. overall design & style is lost now days

I feel the styling died around 1972, of course there are exceptions but for the most part car/truck designers lost that passion to bring something with style. I’ll give it to Dodge, their Challenger is the best looking modern rendition of a classic IMO...VW bombed with the new Beetle...the Mustang sort of got close a decade ago but now it’s morphed into something different...not bad but predictable.  I won’t even comment on the Camaro. Can you imagine the sales if they made that 50 pickup body with a Silverado chassis and guts? They would have a back order log of 6 months minimum, well assuming they just kept the pricing in line with the current trucks.

• Like 2

While it isn't old and not yet together (still in the box), I am going to add this to my garage. It's based off the Netflix series "Stranger Things" so somewhat nostalgic and is limited to just 500 made. I used to have an original back in the day but those are pretty scarce. It'll go under my old Western Flyer. I picked up 2 of these and will leave one in the box for my nephew when he is old enough. Those familiar with the series will know this as Mike's Bike.

Mikes bike.jpg

mikes bike2.jpg

I feel the styling died around 1972, of course there are exceptions but for the most part car/truck designers lost that passion to bring something with style. I’ll give it to Dodge, their Challenger is the best looking modern rendition of a classic IMO...VW bombed with the new Beetle...the Mustang sort of got close a decade ago but now it’s morphed into something different...not bad but predictable.  I won’t even comment on the Camaro. Can you imagine the sales if they made that 50 pickup body with a Silverado chassis and guts? They would have a back order log of 6 months minimum, well assuming they just kept the pricing in line with the current trucks.

They did, it was called the SSR.

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

They did, it was called the SSR.

Not to insult any SSR owner but it (for me) was really ugly...fast but ugly. Gotta give them credit for trying I guess.

Not to insult any SSR owner but it (for me) was really ugly...fast but ugly. Gotta give them credit for trying I guess.

GM couldn’t make it simple, it had to be a specialty vehicle. Got to give Dodge the nod for the challenger. It’s real close to my 74 barracuda.

• Thanks 1