What’s your favorite piece of Memorabilia sitting in your garage?

1 hour ago, JimCost2014 said:

So, I will take this off course, think I still have a skate board that I have had since I was 10 years old. Great transportation at that age.

Hey Jim...there is no wrong or off course if it means something to you ? picture please.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:06 AM, 14tungstenLT said:

3.thumb.jpg.f8945bc12e000276b2a10c770add9d68.jpg1.thumb.jpg.4163bf8440f201612b5d05fd1d7b3181.jpg

Nice! I know it isn’t Coke but the darn thing still works...did the restore myself.

Edited by SS502
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SS502 said:

F039B830-AAE3-4C94-A84C-AB57974F5002.jpeg

Aeroshell!

My first Harley lived on that stuff. Good memories. 

People at the time told me you couldn't run it in an air cooled (motorcycle) motor.

I'd say, " Oh, you mean like a  Pratt & Whitney R-1830?" - "Motor doesn't know what it's powering".

• Like 2

...and just because this was found in my Dad’s garage when I cleaned it out after he passed...he always surprised me...old hubcap 

Edited by SS502
  • Like 3

not really memorabilia, but stuff i always want to keep in my garage...

two years ago this past week my mom and dad called us all together for a 'family meeting'.  that was one of the worst 'meetings' i could ever ask for - my dad told us he was terminal with liver cancer :(  he passed away a little over 7 months later.  as sucky as that time was, we made the absolute most of it and i wouldn't trade it for anything.  my dad made sure pretty much all of his tools made it to my place and now they sit in my garage.  i use them tons and every time i use them i'm sure he's looking down smiling at me.  doing projects with my dad was were we shared so many good times and memories.

• Like 5

I have a 92 John Deere STX 38 riding mower that my dad bought new. He died in 96. I got the mower about 6 years ago from my mom and still use it regularly. I plan on buying a new one this spring and retiring the old one. My oldest nephew has spoken for it so at some time I will pass it on to him.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SS502 said:

I saw a Mobilgas sign when looking at @dieselfan1 picture of his back window sticker and it gave me this idea...do you have something unique or that just makes you smile (other than your vehicle) sitting in your garage? I have a few but this is my favorite...two girls on their way to a “sock hop” asked if they could get a picture with it, of course I obliged ?   ***Mods, please move this thread if needed, I didn't know where to post it...thanks***

2D936B87-D58D-4FA0-A69F-F271C5BA4B5E.jpeg

Here is the sign SS502 is talking about.

15490725273495763130563596008610.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2019 at 1:56 PM, JimCost2014 said:

So, I will take this off course, think I still have a skate board that I have had since I was 10 years old. Great transportation at that age.

My first ride...paid $5.00 way back when. It’s a Western Flyer (sold through Western Auto) that I got used, it’s a girls bike but it’s all I could afford at the time.

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

Wouldn’t let me add a picture to my original post...after I posted I remembered I still hadn’t wired in the lights so I did that this morning and found a really good way to burn off the generator’s hurricane gas!

FF8C92F5-9706-4490-BB82-D0D59AAB7BBE.jpeg

My dad bought this 1964 Cub Cadet 100 around 1980 and gave it to me in 2009. I started restoring it in 2015 and dad passed in 2016. It reminds me of him every time I see it. I hope to finish restoring it this year in his memory. 

B6BCB1CF-AAA9-43F4-843D-4E664CDA66EB.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, HoosierZ said:

My dad bought this 1964 Cub Cadet 100 around 1980 and gave it to me in 2009. I started restoring it in 2015 and dad passed in 2016. It reminds me of him every time I see it. I hope to finish restoring it this year in his memory. 

B6BCB1CF-AAA9-43F4-843D-4E664CDA66EB.jpeg

Very cool, it already looks to be in excellent condition. Good memories I’m sure ?

26 minutes ago, HoosierZ said:

This was how it looked when I got it except I had painted the rusty wheels and added the snow plow and salt spreader. 

0A1A3D66-77E6-4066-BFC2-CD10E6B49C23.jpeg

Your Dad took good care of it, now it’s your turn ?

I have a collection of every license plate from every car I have ever had.  I also have a few of my grandfathers tools an old Standard Oil Company thermometer I found in my grandfathers old workshop when my grandmother was selling their house.

• Like 1

I have quite a few Wyoming license plates from 1931 all the way up to current. I get a kick out of it and it's neat how they've changed over the years.

They're stored in the garage (not up, may wait until I buy a house), but I have a few highway signs as well. One of my hobbies is covering Wyoming's highways, so I'm happy as a clam when I find some. They are a tad hard to come by, but if you know where to look you can snag a couple here and there. I have a 2 foot I-80 Shield with WYOMING above the 80, and a 2 foot Wyoming 219 in pretty good shape. I bought these two signs thinking they were mounted to a blank backplate, but the backplate turned out to be another sign!. I recently got a Wyoming 10 sign with a bullet hole, that is kinda funny. I must say my favorite to date is the 3 foot I-90 Shield with WYOMING above the 90. I'm very familiar with I-90 from Buffalo to the South Dakota Border, and I-90 from the Montana border to Gillette was the very first stretch of Wyoming highway Clyde covered on his way home from the dealer :D

Edited by CadillacLuke24
  • Like 1