2019+ GM big brake kit

Anyone else check this kit out yet? When you build a new 2019 1500 series GMC Sierra truck you have the option to add the GM Big Brake kit which includes the 6 piston front calipers, rotors and the matching red rear calipers. It is only like $2300 or so online, which using my GM discount I get means I might be able to get them for around $1600.

Anyone else seen the kit yet or have a truck with the kit on them yet?

My dealer has had them on the 2014-2018 trucks in the show room for years. They are nice but honestly not worth the money. Also when you need new rotators or pads where do you get them? And how long will it take. I would. Buy Wildwood big kit. They have a few kits with 2 piece rotors 6 piston calipers. Standard, slotted or cross drilled and slotted. Also many custom power coated colors. The parts can come from wildwood or summit or a hundred other places. Cheaper and much better than the gm. 

With my Gm discount I can get them very cheap and am still going wildwood. Also wildwood offers rear if you want. 

I had to do brakes on my 2014 when I had it, and I put the GM Police package rotors on and GM Suburban pads. Believe it or not, the Suburban/Tahoe pads had larger surface area of pad material, but fit the truck calipers the same as the original truck pads did.

Yeah. I know. The SUVs and pickups are built using a lot of the same parts. But in this case, my online searches indicated the SUV pads would NOT fit my Silverado, but they did. And that thing stopped on a dime after I did it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...