Aftermarket Resonators

Has anyone installed an aftermarket resonator? If so, anyone have pictures? I'm curious if you installed it in the factory location or in front of the wheels. I'm getting a vibrant resonator installed Friday.

Backstory: I did a muffler swap to a 3" borla pro-xs and 3" pipe out. It sounds good but droned around 1800rpm and the chopper was annoying at certain speeds.

Update: The Vibrant resonator cleaned up the raspy sound and it all you hear is the deep rumble.

At 1800 rpm the exhaust is still loud under load but the annoying tones are cleaned up. I was most surprised by the effects it had on the chopper noise. You can still hear it but the pulses are cut back a lot. I don't need to drive in M7 on back roads to stay out of V4.

I'll add some pics once it stops snowing and I get it cleaned up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Has anyone installed an aftermarket resonator? If so, anyone have pictures? I'm curious if you installed it in the factory location or in front of the wheels. I'm getting a vibrant resonator installed Friday.

If you don't mind replying with some feedback on this. I Plan to use a vibrant resonator for a future exhaust setup. I've read nothing but Great reviews on them tho. Looks to be a positive choice. Most say it doesn't take away from the sound of the muffler and just make it sound"more deep" in tone.

I installed a 3" Vibrant resonator on my SLP cat back exhaust. I put the resonator in the stock location. Had to trim 1/2" off each end of the resonator. I clamped it, then welded.
Did or actually lower the exhaust note orjust give it a deeper tone?

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a clip of warm start. Hopefully it turns out ok, I only have my cell phone for video.

Sounds good n deep. How's it sound while cruising?btw what model is that resonator?