How to get voice pass thru working again with new phone

I just got a Samsung S10 and voice pass thru (long button press on wheel) does not work now. It worked with my previous phone, an S7. With the new phone, I can answer and make calls, listen to texts, listen to music etc thru the trucks bluetooth connectivity. But long button press just equals crickets now, no info comes up on the DIC etc. Google voice works fine just speaking into the phone with no bluetooth devices connected. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Following out of curiosity. What do you mean when you say voice pass through? Are you saying that if you long press the voice button on the wheel, the phone goes into "listen" mode so you can use voice function directly from phone? Never even thought to try that but would be handy.

-Evan

Following out of curiosity. What do you mean when you say voice pass through? Are you saying that if you long press the voice button on the wheel, the phone goes into "listen" mode so you can use voice function directly from phone? Never even thought to try that but would be handy.

-Evan
Yes, exactly.

I just got a Samsung S10 and voice pass thru (long button press on wheel) does not work now. It worked with my previous phone, an S7. With the new phone, I can answer and make calls, listen to texts, listen to music etc thru the trucks bluetooth connectivity. But long button press just equals crickets now, no info comes up on the DIC etc. Google voice works fine just speaking into the phone with no bluetooth devices connected. Any ideas?

Mine is doing the same thing. Just picked up a S10 plus. It worked fine with my S8. Let me know if you figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also recently picked up an S10e.

Have the BT connected phone in your hand, screen awake (not locked). Long press voice button on wheel. Phone should prompt which app to use to handle the action (Bixby or Google). Make your choice and set as "Always." Should be good to go now.

For those interested, S10e does fit in the stock console lid wireless charger. Careful which phone case you use though. A Spigen Tough Armor does not charge. It fits but will not charge. Works fine on other chargers, so just a combo of the case and truck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, martha3065 said:

Also recently picked up an S10e.

For those interested, S10e does fit in the stock console lid wireless charger. Careful which phone case you use though. A Spigen Tough Armor does not charge. It fits but will not charge. Works fine on other chargers, so just a combo of the case and truck.

My S10 works with my console wireless charger. I have the phone in a Speck Grip case. Seems about the biggest that will fit in the charger. I do have to move the phone back about 1/4 inch to get it to charge compared to the S8 that I had.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, scott.moody.9401 said:

My S10 will work with this feature. I do have it set up to unlock when connected to the bluetooth, So maybe the phone needs to be unlocked?

• Like 1

Martha's procedure did the trick for me. Thanks!

I have the Speck case with my S10 and it just barely fits in the charger. It charges fine.

Btw Wth is Bixby lol?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bixby is Samsung's version of Apple's Siri and Google Assistant, plus probably does some other things.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1