Long Tube and Off Road

I installed Kooks LT headers on my 2017 z71.  They stick down about three inches below the frame.  They are the lowest point on the vehicle.  How concerned do I need to be about this if I were to bottom out in the dirt or mud offroad?  I am on the concrete 99% of the time but I do like to hunt and do find myself in peculiar situations every now and then.  I love the performance upgrade but if I were to bottom out would it crack the block or would the heders/y-pipe give first? 

I installed Kooks LT headers on my 2017 z71.  They stick down about three inches below the frame.  They are the lowest point on the vehicle.  How concerned do I need to be about this if I were to bottom out in the dirt or mud offroad?  I am on the concrete 99% of the time but I do like to hunt and do find myself in peculiar situations every now and then.  I love the performance upgrade but if I were to bottom out would it crack the block or would the heders/y-pipe give first? 

Be very concerned! One day you may just accidentally go off a curb and create serious damage. Go to a muffler shop and get them to give you a price on cutting them and installing elbows then you’ll be done.

Sent from above

28 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Be very concerned! One day you may just accidentally go off a curb and create serious damage. Go to a muffler shop and get them to give you a price on cutting them and installing elbows then you’ll be done.

Sent from above

I should have researched a little more before the purchase.  Definitely a good point and something I will have to watch out for.

• Like 1

I should have researched a little more before the purchase.  Definitely a good point and something I will have to watch out for.

It will not be expensive either. You’ll definitely have much more confidence that for sure. Be safe

Sent from above
  • Like 1

Brought it in to the exhaust shop to have a resonator installed.  They pointed out that the y-pipe was sagging too low.  Basically installer error and they were able to tuck it under there pretty well.  Still the lower than the frame but only by about an inch.  Still have to be cautious but I do feel a lot better about it now.

18 hours ago, Bohanan23 said:

You plan to lower the truck? If not I wouldn't be concerned. My stock y pipe hangs before the crossmember now. But I don't plan to go 5/7+ drop so I don't have any concerns, neither should you.

No plans to lower it, my concerns are limited to the times I take it hunting.  Incase i get into a situation with some deep ruts.