Loose Gearshift

I’ve noticed in my ‘19 Trail Boss LT that my gearshift is loose. When I’m in drive there is a lot of play in the shifter. It seems to move up and down about a 1/4”. Anyone else notice this?

I’ve noticed in my ‘19 Trail Boss LT that my gearshift handle is loose. When I’m in drive there is a lot of play in the shifter. It seems to move up and down about a 1/4”. When in park there’s minimal play in it. Anyone else have a similar experience?
  •  

I had the dealer look at it, and they said it was "normal" as all of the other 19's on the lot had the same free play when in the drive position. 

I am now trying to ignore the thing bouncing when going down the road.

That is the only issue I have had with the truck, so I am lucky I guess!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Michael621 said:

I had the dealer look at it, and they said it was "normal" as all of the other 19's on the lot had the same free play when in the drive position. 

I am now trying to ignore the thing bouncing when going down the road.

That is the only issue I have had with the truck, so I am lucky I guess!

Thanks for the reply. It does bounce for sure. Seems like there should be a way to tighten the shifter up? Ugh!!

I have driven 3 2019 Silverados in 2 days. I checked each one. Once it is in drive, I can jiggle the shift lever up And down maybe 1/2 inch either way. It doesn't seem loose when running through gears though. If anything it feels stiffer than my 16 was.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I have driven 3 2019 Silverados in 2 days. I checked each one. Once it is in drive, I can jiggle the shift lever up And down maybe 1/2 inch either way. It doesn't seem loose when running through gears though. If anything it feels stiffer than my 16 was.

Yes! This is what I was referring to. It's very tight shifting out of park into drive, but then I can wiggle it up and down like you mentioned. My wife has an '18 Tahoe and it the same with hers. I guess I'm worried for nothing as this seems to be "normal". Thanks for the reply!

I am ashamed I am always looking for defects with new vehicles OCD I did not pick this one up until you mentioned it,yes when trans is in drive I have about a little over 1/4 inch play up and down,but like mentioned very tight  selecting  park to drive reverse,etc. Custom Trailboss 1600 miles.

Keith

• Thanks 1

I am ashamed I am always looking for defects with new vehicles OCD I did not pick this one up until you mentioned it,yes when trans is in drive I have about a little over 1/4 inch play up and down,but like mentioned very tight  selecting  park to drive reverse,etc. Custom Trailboss 1600 miles.

Keith
So I am sure then you already checked to see if your bed was perfectly aligned with your cab?

OCD x2

No problems

7 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

So I am sure then you already checked to see if your bed was perfectly aligned with your cab?

OCD x2

Straight

7 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

OCD x2

Damn you.  Now I gotta check mine and it’s raining.  Dammit.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Limelight said:

Damn you.  Now I gotta check mine and it’s raining.  Dammit.  Lol

:D:D I did actually go out in the rain to check when he mentioned it.

• Haha 1