Disappointed weekend -_-

New member here, how’s everyone doing with their 2019 Silverado?! 

I’ll start, mine took a dump this weekend while cruising on highway. “Low oil pressure turn vehicle off” light  came on  dash and  pulled over. I turned the car off immediately, step out of the vehicle to see smoke coming front grill , popped the hood and went to front of the vehicle to noticed lots of motor oil in ground :(. Car is currently at the dealer and I’m here waiting for results. 

I have babied the truck a lot and thats  what I get back lol. I hope is a bad oil filter sealer or some oil lines.. ;(

FAF1F13A-A528-49C4-B822-7528349174C7.jpeg

Sorry to hear. Oil cooler lines have been reported to leak on these. Probably what happened to you. Hopefully the engine isn’t hurt, but if a low oil pressure warning came up, I’d be a bit concerned it ran with no oil. At a minimum I’d force GM into extending the warranty...

Normally the sensors will kick in before the damage is done. This is from a mechanics perspective of dealing with sensors, etc.

Best thing he'll probably get is it documented and if something happens soon he can fight for them to back any potential issues. Documentation is the best key to getting resolution should a issue occur down the road. IF the cooler lines were loose I'd make sure it's documented on the repair invoice even if it's warrantied as this can help long term.

Wonder how much "looking" they'll do to check for various potential engine damage. Should be able to pull information from the freeze frame data that the engine code light that came on stored. Should show pressures in the engine oil, max engine or oil temp along with other parameters which will be kept on file by the dealer for warranty reimbursement purposes from GM. I'd make sure they keep the data or ask for a copy especially in case this problem starts to becoming a recurring issue, recall and/or if a class action comes out of it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That really sucks. Sorry to hear that happened to you. I would call GM customer care and get a case number opened up, and mention how concerned you are of engine damage, ask for a district rep to be in contact with your service manager.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my truck back last week. Oil cooling lines got replaced BUT not so happy with service. Driver side headlight is making contact with fender and chipped the paint on edge. I know it’s a quick touch fix but eh.. my quick conclusion is technician leaned on headlight/fender :/

D971FEAE-FA2E-44D5-A876-69EBEC394C03.jpeg

That stinks!    Man... no one takes pride in their work any longer.   I always feel like I have to double check everything done at a dealer etc now as well.   At one time you paid more for a dealer to do thing because you expected the work to be better somehow and the parts were OEM.   

I hope they make this right for you. 

Hope it all works out well for you brother, I honestly thought you might of hit some kind of debris on the road puncturing your oil pan.  They should make it right for you, including the headlight problem...good luck