1 hour ago, AndrewSmith21 said:

They replaced the sd card first, reader part, the usb cable, the whole radio unit, and finally they called GM and got a software patch that the dealership had to download it. It took them two day’s to get it to download to their computers. After the patch update it was fixed. It’s been okay every since. At first sometimes it would still pop up the error message but it would fix itself and work right then. Last week the only random thing was my backup camara had a blue screen on it. But it finally came back after it sat awhile and worked. Your best bet is to take it to a dealer and have them call GM and have them install the patch for the radio system. 

Is the 'patch' actually the software update from 805 to 807, or is it something else?

Thank you for all this info, but sounds like you're still experiencing problems.

Have you asked them about the SD Card Removed message still showing? If so, what have they said?

How long does it take after the error message displays until you're able to use the navigation system?

Does the screen freeze / go black and the system reboot at all?

Thanks again; I appreciate all your help.

My best.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2019 Sierra 1500.  I am having the sd card error pop up as well.  Am waiting for card reader ordered by dealer.  I found i can cause the error any time it seems to be working by lightly tapping the console or opening the console lid and closing it.  Acts like loose or faulty connection in the card reader.

• 3 weeks later...

After updating to 807 and replacing the SD Card and card receptacle, GM now wants to replace the radio control module, which requires two visits, one where they need to get the number off the current unit and another to replace same.

I want them to go to back to 509, the last known working version which had no problem at all.

Has anyone been successful in getting a dealer to go back to an earlier software version?

Any other updates anyone? Please provide the latest status.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

I did a search to find this tread just what my truck did the other day. But my truck has no sd card slot anywhere. The navigation came from the factory so there is nothing to be removed. But as other have said let the truck sit over night and now everything works again. NOTHING fixes itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2021 3500 AT4 and the SD card has an error. I've read through this just went outside to check to see if the card was locked. As it didn't say, I moved the slider forward, that was clearly unlocked as there were more errors, so I moved it back. No fix. Onstar has attempted it as well. Dealer wasn't overly helpful.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2019 Sierra Denali and at around 3 months the navigation started working intermittently. Then my usb port under the main console went out so I used the one in the console until it quit. I took it in for service and they replaced the wiring harness and told me that the fix makes the usb port in the console for charging only. That fix lasted 2 days before all ports stopped working and sd card removed message came back. They also tried to blame my using a magnetic cable which I use on all my phones and cars as it is easy to just slide the phone on the tray charger and it magnetically connects to use android auto. The 2nd time it failed I was using factory samsung usb data cable. Also my whole camera system went to blue screen twice since the 2nd time they fixed it. Now they are going to replace the whole radio and wiring harness including the sd card reader in the console. I am really beginning to reach my wits end and hope this next fix lasts for more than 2 days. They told me they have some bulletins on the usb port issue but I have been unable to find anything on the web  so must not have been leaked from any internal sources yet. Anyone have any other ideas for a fix?

Edited by Tracy Gregg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 8:06 PM, eppieguy said:

Take the card out and put the slide to lock, reinsert card and see if that does the trick for you.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:06 PM, eppieguy said:

Take the card out and put the slide to lock, reinsert card and see if that does the trick for you.

How do I lock the sd card? is it push it down... or up to lock it in??

Don't know if this right or wrong or what leaving the card unlocked does.

I only had the truck a few days when  I had the SD card error message. Ejected the card un-locked it reinstalled never had another issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Seeing the same SD card error on my "new to me" 2019 Sierra.  Usually i could wiggle some stuff it would start working again. A week ago no matter what i did it wouldn't work again.  Yesterday i took it to the dealer....has 46k miles so of course nothing is warrantied...tech confirmed entire port did not work....took everything apart to check connections, found nothing, re-installed everything and it worked again.  He could not get it to fail after that.  0$ charge but who knows how long it will last.  GM part number for that part is 13529862 which i can buy and swap myself.....anybody done that on their own??  Success?