water leak on my 2019 RST (less than a month old)

• 1 month later...

New 2019 Silverado and having the same issue. Have been to dealer twice and the below pics show their “fix” the second time.  That just filled it with caulk until they couldn’t any more. Really pissed that is how they “fix” a $50k truck. Thinking about demanding a replacement window all together. Thoughts or recommendations?  Sometimes I feel like continuing to push just causes more issues.  

DAA0B0EA-809A-46FF-8D0D-2841AED242FD.jpeg

5C3DD2F7-A402-4BED-813C-B54FC62A7162.jpeg

1B32247B-834D-4782-9DA8-55390E73E579.jpeg

Edited by Matthew Fabre

• 5 months later...

Picked up my 2019 Silverado LT in mid October. I live in South Alabama and we had no rain for several weeks but the first rain, it leaked. Run down rear window on drivers side onto the seat. Less than 600 miles on vehicle. I took immediately to my dealer and showed them many photos I took to document. They were able to duplicate leak and informed me about a TSB related this known issue. They sealed the leak and then the opposite side began to leak when they rechecked. I demanded a new headliner due to water stains and cleaning chemical residue, so they ordered one over 3 weeks ago. No idea when it will arrive as of today. Soon to be a month in the shop. Any idea how to put a new headliner in a truck? Remove the windshield! Oh boy. Thank god I'm a patient guy and have a good service advisor. My biggest gripe is it was a "known" issue for a long time. I worry if my $50,000 truck will be the same. Only time will tell. Good luck to those with similar problems. 

20191107_144932.jpg

Edited by Tony Weaver
Add photo

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 1:19 PM, redhotRST said:

i just noticed a water leak on my new truck, i just got to the dealer service department to make a service appointment. While talking to the service advisor i ask him about whats going to happen with the headliner that has obvious damage due to water, he said they going to clean it and that they will not replace it with a new one. I wonder how soak my seats got before i noticed the issue. 

there's any one that had this issue before that can give me guidance during this process that I already hate?

thanks everyone!!!!

water leak.jpg

headliner damage.jpg

On 12/3/2019 at 8:39 PM, Tony Weaver said:

Picked up my 2019 Silverado LT in mid October. I live in South Alabama and we had no rain for several weeks but the first rain, it leaked. Run down rear window on drivers side onto the seat. Less than 600 miles on vehicle. I took immediately to my dealer and showed them many photos I took to document. They were able to duplicate leak and informed me about a TSB related this known issue. They sealed the leak and then the opposite side began to leak when they rechecked. I demanded a new headliner due to water stains and cleaning chemical residue, so they ordered one over 3 weeks ago. No idea when it will arrive as of today. Soon to be a month in the shop. Any idea how to put a new headliner in a truck? Remove the windshield! Oh boy. Thank god I'm a patient guy and have a good service advisor. My biggest gripe is it was a "known" issue for a long time. I worry if my $50,000 truck will be the same. Only time will tell. Good luck to those with similar problems. 

20191107_144932.jpg

Had the rear window TSB done but the Dealer buggered reinstalling the 3rd Brake Light Assembly so it leaked worse than before at either the bolts or alignment pins.  Sealed from the inside this time (I know - not ideal) and I had the Dealer spray the truck down heavily with me inside (headliner down) to verify no leaks.  Having trouble getting them to properly dry the carpet padding rear AND driver side front while we wait for a new windshield (broke the old one during removal).  Headliner is being replaced but not until I verify dry carpet padding.  Service Dept. is terrible.  Really frustrating.  Way to go General.

Just a side note to those with water leaking into their vehicle. Be sure to check all seat brackets and any metal part under the seat. I had rust on bracket bolts and even on the jack which has never been taken out of its holder. 

20200111_092157.jpg

Mine is at the dealer now for the 5th time because of the leak. 1st time was the caulking attempt, 2nd time they tried caulking the inside. Really pissed me off on this one and it didnt even work. 3rd time window replacement, 4th time spoiler replacement because their window guy stripped out a bolt that holds the spoiler on. Service manager was honest and did tell me or I wouldn't have never known it. 5th time, now, it's in their again. Small leak on the passenger side.

Already had the "jingle jingle" fix and front diff replaced. Hopefully that will work but I have my doubts based on what I've read. 6700 miles. Ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, Jason R. said:

2020 Silverado RST 600 miles,  18 days since I bought it.  Leaking like crazy, drivers side rear window. 

Did you get it fixed and what was done to correct the issue? Took my 2020 trail boss in today for same issue . they took the spoiler off and sealed the top of the back glass I’m going to let it sit for 24 hrs before I test it

• 9 months later...

I originally posted on the wrong thread.... Copying here.

My truck too. New style 2019 crew cab with siding rear window. Ft Wayne build. Late 2018 build i assume. Water marks on the headliner and water running down the inside of window when in the car wash. Lucky it's mostly dry here, low humidity. I noticed it about 12 months after driving it off the lot new.

Anyone have a link to the other thread on this topic? 

20191015_171427.jpg

35 minutes ago, Chet said:

I originally posted on the wrong thread.... Copying here.

My truck too. New style 2019 crew cab with siding rear window. Ft Wayne build. Late 2018 build i assume. Water marks on the headliner and water running down the inside of window when in the car wash. Lucky it's mostly dry here, low humidity. I noticed it about 12 months after driving it off the lot new.

Anyone have a link to the other thread on this topic? 

20191015_171427.jpg

Here ya go....

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/216705-rear-window-leak/