Biggest tires on AT4 18" wheels with NO modification or wheel change

20 minutes ago, Northeast4050 said:

Yes, 6.2L with off road performance package

Alrighty so you have that 10 speed tranny to help with them 69.5lbs tires. 

Mine is a 5.3 8 speed so I want to upgrade when I wear out my factory tires to some 34s possibly mastercraft 62lbs each or the above 285/70 ridge grapplers at 59.9lbs

38 minutes ago, asalinasz39 said:

Alrighty so you have that 10 speed tranny to help with them 69.5lbs tires. 

Mine is a 5.3 8 speed so I want to upgrade when I wear out my factory tires to some 34s possibly mastercraft 62lbs each or the above 285/70 ridge grapplers at 59.9lbs

Yea I recognize the weight and really wanted the 285 70 18's for their 34" size and 59lbs but they were crazy expensive and the 285 75's were misordered by someone so the price was too good to pass up. Not to mention I had a set of tire chains from my Duramax that conveniently fit the 285 75's...it all worked out for me! 

• Like 1

295/70’s will fit nicely. I just put them on my AT4 with 18’s and a 1.5” level. Level wasn’t needed for tire clearance, but to eliminate some rake. I know now that I could’ve went with 35’s. The 295’s do work well. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:22 PM, Northeast4050 said:

285 75 18...35" nitto ridge grapplers fit the stock setup. Zero trimming zero rubbing20190427_204823.thumb.jpg.23c44e01056822aa6e9d9e3b05b87dc6.jpg

That's a true 35 inch tire. Nitto website states diameter is 35.08 inches and 11.26 inches wide. That's amazing if you're not rubbing, and would be the largest tire that I've seen posted on a stock AT4 without rubbing. Looks great.

• Thanks 1

I've learned just because a tire doesnt rub on one vehicle, it does not mean it wont rub on different vehicle even its the same model.

It sounds stupid and counter intuitive but I've known people who have had Jeeps and 4runners that have run the same tire and one vehicle hasnt rubbed while the other rubbed...I'm sure it has something to do with the placement of mud flaps and the wheel liners at the time of build but its definitely a thing that happens. 

Determining if one tire sizes doesnt rub on one vehicle is a good guide for fittament but that doesnt mean you should take it to the bank.

Edited by Chris walker

Along with this topic... I just picked up a new AT4 on Friday... after stalking the Trail Boss forever I couldn't justify NOT going with the AT4... I was wondering if the Trail Boss 18" wheels would work on the AT4? Any input or direction? My truck currently has the 18" setup and I don't love the factory GMC wheels... compared to the blacked out Trail Boss look.

23 minutes ago, joshuapchase said:

Along with this topic... I just picked up a new AT4 on Friday... after stalking the Trail Boss forever I couldn't justify NOT going with the AT4... I was wondering if the Trail Boss 18" wheels would work on the AT4? Any input or direction? My truck currently has the 18" setup and I don't love the factory GMC wheels... compared to the blacked out Trail Boss look.

100%

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, z1boss said:

100%

I can't say based on experience but I would be shocked if you couldn't just swap them...but I'm just basing that off previous generations of gm trucks not anything I've seen done as of yet 

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

New member here,

I have been reading the forum here a little and I have chosen a tire that I haven't seen mentioned here. It's a  BF good rich all terrain

TA KO2 but it is a 305-65-18.

It's basic dimensions are 33.5 x 12,

I want to use this tire as I like the KO2 for the look and what I believe to be the superior ride quality and quietness.

The tire is 1.1 inches wider than the upgraded Dura tracks which are 10.9 inches wide. I'm being told that the wider tire when you turn from lock to lock interfere with the control arms on a bump and will rub. I see that others are talking about 35 inch in diameter by 12 1/2 inch in width tires without rubbing conflict. But then I see others that say the 35 is too big?

I don't necessarily plan on  leveling the truck. I'm trying to go with a taller side wall for ride quality and an inch bigger to make it look cool.

Any feedback you guys could give me, that if this will work or not because the dealer is not in agreement. I don't want to bother with any mods. I just want something that will fit. I can use the 275 -70- 18 without question I believe but the 305- 65- 18 is a better option.

Thanks In advance guys for all your help,

Kevin

On 4/23/2019 at 5:10 PM, Drew03Z said:

I also investigated this thoroughly before making my decision.

I have stock 18 inch wheels with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/18, no lift or level. They are exactly 34 inches in diameter inflated. I went with that tire as a better all round tire for what I was looking for which included weight. They are only 59 pounds. They look great, fill out the wheel well, and relatively quiet compared to Mud Terrain tires. There is something to be said for unsprung weight and inertia.

There is plenty of room b/w the tire and the mud flap & felt behind the front tire; right at a whole inch with the wheel turned and the tire at its closest to the felt. I would feel completely comfortable putting some 35/12.5/18's on there. The BFG TA KO2 is what I had initially wanted. They are 34.5 inches in diameter, but are up to 68 pounds. that size is only 0.25 inches more radius, and there is more than enough room for that. I'll post some pics in a bit to show you.

There is a fellow on here with a black AT4 that put Accele MT-01 on stock 20 inch rims with no level . They are also 34.5/12.5 inches (like the BFG), and he had no rubbing at all. He had modified the mud flaps, but said was unnecessary.

Theres another guy with a red truck that has 34.6 that rubs a little.

Hi Guys,

New member here,

I have been reading the forum here a little and I have chosen a tire that I haven't seen mentioned here. It's a  BF good rich all terrain

TA KO2 but it is a 305-65-18.

It's basic dimensions are 33.5 x 12,

I want to use this tire as I like the KO2 for the look and what I believe to be the superior ride quality and quietness.

The tire is 1.1 inches wider than the upgraded Dura tracks which are 10.9 inches wide. I'm being told that the wider tire when you turn from lock to lock interfere with the control arms on a bump and will rub. I see that others are talking about 35 inch in diameter by 12 1/2 inch in width tires without rubbing conflict. But then I see others that say the 35 is too big?

I don't necessarily plan on  leveling the truck. I'm trying to go with a taller side wall for ride quality and an inch bigger to make it look cool.

Any feedback you guys could give me, that if this will work or not because the dealer is not in agreement. I don't want to bother with any mods. I just want something that will fit. I can use the 275 -70- 18 without question I believe but the 305- 65- 18 is a better option.

Thanks In advance guys for all your help,

Kevin

On 5/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, z1boss said:

100%

Thanks for the information... I found a set and swapped them out! Look great and after selling my takeoffs only cost $200... winning!

32BE8151-DD9F-48F8-B146-DD2AF27F7ECF.jpeg

• Like 1