Biggest tires on AT4 18" wheels with NO modification or wheel change

8 hours ago, joshuapchase said:

Thanks for the information... I found a set and swapped them out! Look great and after selling my takeoffs only cost $200... winning!

32BE8151-DD9F-48F8-B146-DD2AF27F7ECF.jpeg

Awesome to hear!  Glad it worked out for you.  It looks great!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 7:45 PM, Aldiaz1551 said:

Put some 295/70r18. No rubbing no trimming and looks good. 

20190507_184622.jpg

20190507_184749.jpg

Looks good.  I have the same truck.  Any speedo change?  Any way to correct the speedo or are you/most people just not worried about it?  Did you have the duratrac before, are these quieter?

2 hours ago, TripleBGM said:

Looks good.  I have the same truck.  Any speedo change?  Any way to correct the speedo or are you/most people just not worried about it?  Did you have the duratrac before, are these quieter?

I ordered the hypertech Speedometer Calibrators Inline - Part #730129 after installed my 35's...speedo was off by quite a bit at higher speeds and with a new truck i wanted it spot on. The calibrator was very easy to program and install and after checking with two difference GPS devices and a radar it is now spot on. Highly recommended. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey, I’m thinking about adding bigger tires to my AT4. I don’t want to add the 4inch rough country lift. Can you add or send me pics of the tires from the front side? I’m wondering if they stick out at all and how much. I have the same color AT4. Same wheels. Need your help bud.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:41 PM, bscotr1204 said:

For those who upgraded to the 287/70/18 Ridge Grapplers, which are an E load 10ply, did the ride quality go to crap? I am worried about too stiff of a tire and an unruly ride in day to day on road driving. 

Got rid of oem tires immediately so my only point of comparison is my 14 denali with a level, 20” wheels and tires just shy of 35”.  My AT4 rides a lot better than my old truck.  I like the bigger sidewall that comes with an 18” wheel.  I really can’t compare to factory though

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'll probably do 285/70r18s on my AT4 with +1 offset Fuel Anza wheels. 

I had full 35x12.50 on my F150 and the hit to ride quality and fuel as well was more than expected. i'm hoping a 34x 11.5" tire won't hit me too hard. 

I can't find any tire larger than stock that's not 10 ply. largest i seen was 265/70 which is only 1/2" taller 

If anyone on here has a 265/70r18 did you notice the tire being taller?

I got my truck last year with the 20" rims, so I was kinda curious about this for the 20" factory rims.

Has anyone ever looked into WildPeak tires? Its what they started putting on the 2WD work trucks where I work. I guess they work great in snow & mud even for just 2WD. I asked one guy if he just got new tires put on his truck and he told me "yeah last year." Sounds like they last a long time. Anyone have any experience with that brand before? So far it's kind of the way I'm leaning when my factory tires are wore out. Anyone know of the biggest size of tires for the 20's?

3 hours ago, 2020AT4 said:

I got my truck last year with the 20" rims, so I was kinda curious about this for the 20" factory rims.

Has anyone ever looked into WildPeak tires? Its what they started putting on the 2WD work trucks where I work. I guess they work great in snow & mud even for just 2WD. I asked one guy if he just got new tires put on his truck and he told me "yeah last year." Sounds like they last a long time. Anyone have any experience with that brand before? So far it's kind of the way I'm leaning when my factory tires are wore out. Anyone know of the biggest size of tires for the 20's?

I've never used those tires but I hear people like them.

For sizes, I just put 295/60R20 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires on my AT4 and they fit with "no" rubbing. I say "no" because I did manage to get them to very, very slightly hit the mud flap bracket on a hard right turn into a steep uphill parking lot, so a mud flap removal may be necessary depending on where you drive.

I originally wanted to do 285/65R20 but wasn't able to get the tire I wanted in that size, and I briefly considered the 295/65R20 which are just a hair over 35" tall but decided it wasn't worth the hassle if they rubbed.

I do have a 1" level on the front but the tires would have fit without it, it's only there to maintain pretty close to factory rake with the RAS springs picking the back up a little bit.

20201120_120423.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, kenac said:

I've never used those tires but I hear people like them.

For sizes, I just put 295/60R20 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires on my AT4 and they fit with "no" rubbing. I say "no" because I did manage to get them to very, very slightly hit the mud flap bracket on a hard right turn into a steep uphill parking lot, so a mud flap removal may be necessary depending on where you drive.

I originally wanted to do 285/65R20 but wasn't able to get the tire I wanted in that size, and I briefly considered the 295/65R20 which are just a hair over 35" tall but decided it wasn't worth the hassle if they rubbed.

I do have a 1" level on the front but the tires would have fit without it, it's only there to maintain pretty close to factory rake with the RAS springs picking the back up a little bit.

20201120_120423.jpg

I like it! Same color as mine too, only difference is I got the 6-1/2' box. I don't want to put the 1" leveler on mine...my brother did that with his old All Terrain & I thought it made it tougher to see the nose of the truck. I have a hard enough time seeing the front end the way it is with the shorter hood style (I had to put a 1-3/4" lift kit under the seats so I could see front end better). I don't really do much off-road driving (not counting gravel roads), the little I do isn't like extreme rock climbing or anything (construction sites and farm land). But we do get a pretty good amount of snow here though, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not with snow build up. How were you able to figure out which ones you could use without having them rub?

Edited by 2020AT4