Biggest tires on AT4 18" wheels with NO modification or wheel change

27 minutes ago, 2020AT4 said:

I like it! Same color as mine too, only difference is I got the 6-1/2' box. I don't want to put the 1" leveler on mine...my brother did that with his old All Terrain & I thought it made it tougher to see the nose of the truck. I have a hard enough time seeing the front end the way it is with the shorter hood style (I had to put a 1-3/4" lift kit under the seats so I could see front end better). I don't really do much off-road driving (not counting gravel roads), the little I do isn't like extreme rock climbing or anything (construction sites and farm land). But we do get a pretty good amount of snow here though, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not with snow build up. How were you able to figure out which ones you could use without having them rub?

I barely notice the 1" level from the drivers seat. I think I notice the height of the tires far more. I did a 2.5" on my '17 SLT I had and certainly did notice the front end height difference on that.

Then again, I'm tall. My head hits the ceiling if I raise the seat too far so its different for everyone.

If you're in the snow def don't get these tires. We don't get any where I live but the reviews on them for snow are bad. But I think most M/T style tires are that way. Fwiw the original tire I wanted was Cooper AT3 XLT's - not nearly so aggressive as these but I do love this look.

For sizing I did a lot, and I mean a LOT of reading and looking at pics of other trucks. Realized height wasn't the issue so much as width with stock wheels. I would have gone with 35x11.50 if there was more styles available in them but most are 12.50's which will rub. Wheel spacers were an absolute "no" on my list of mods and I dont like really wide tires or a bunch of poke anyway so these are perfect for my taste.

I'm really particular on the look of tires so I would find one I liked and see if it was available in a 285/65R20 and then swapped to 295/60R20 when I kept running into backorder issues. I wasn't concerned with the price but more popular sizes cost less as well, but I'm not sure where those 2 fall on that list.

I highly recommend tiresize.com to get the exact size of the tire you have in mind, they can vary pretty wildly on actual size even though they're listed the same.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kenac said:

I barely notice the 1" level from the drivers seat. I think I notice the height of the tires far more. I did a 2.5" on my '17 SLT I had and certainly did notice the front end height difference on that.

Then again, I'm tall. My head hits the ceiling if I raise the seat too far so its different for everyone.

If you're in the snow def don't get these tires. We don't get any where I live but the reviews on them for snow are bad. But I think most M/T style tires are that way. Fwiw the original tire I wanted was Cooper AT3 XLT's - not nearly so aggressive as these but I do love this look.

For sizing I did a lot, and I mean a LOT of reading and looking at pics of other trucks. Realized height wasn't the issue so much as width with stock wheels. I would have gone with 35x11.50 if there was more styles available in them but most are 12.50's which will rub. Wheel spacers were an absolute "no" on my list of mods and I dont like really wide tires or a bunch of poke anyway so these are perfect for my taste.

I'm really particular on the look of tires so I would find one I liked and see if it was available in a 285/65R20 and then swapped to 295/60R20 when I kept running into backorder issues. I wasn't concerned with the price but more popular sizes cost less as well, but I'm not sure where those 2 fall on that list.

I highly recommend tiresize.com to get the exact size of the tire you have in mind, they can vary pretty wildly on actual size even though they're listed the same.

The whole truck being higher wouldn't bother me, just having the front end up higher is what would bug me; I'm only 5'8".

Yeah, height doesn't look like isn't much of an issue, but there's definitely not much room front to back, and don't really wanna rip my mud flaps off haha. I'm not a fan of wheel spacers or wide tires either. I don't like the look of them.

Thanks for the tip on tiresize.com and as I was google image searching I came across this haha

Tire.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Following -- I just added 6112s on the highest setting and gained 1" up front.  I realize its a bit outside the original intent of the thread, but this is a great starting point for looking at tire sizes that will fit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, tommyxc said:

i have falken 275/70/18 . rub alittle .icon wheel 0 offset

gmc2.jpg

gmc3.jpg

Is this a 18x9 +0? I'm looking at purchasing one of the following Method setups:

18x9 +0 with 285/70/18 (Good choice if I ever want to lift in the future)

or 18x9 +18 with 285/70/18 (Good choice for close to stock fitment)

I really dont want any rubbing or trimming since I travel quite a bit. How bad and where is the rub?

Edited by derichio02

5 hours ago, derichio02 said:

Is this a 18x9 +0? I'm looking at purchasing one of the following Method setups:

18x9 +0 with 285/70/18 (Good choice if I ever want to lift in the future)

or 18x9 +18 with 285/70/18 (Good choice for close to stock fitment)

I really dont want any rubbing or trimming since I travel quite a bit. How bad and where is the rub?