Why is the wireless charging pad condensating

Just noticed on drive to work this morning that the pad seemed wet. Phone was not near this area since I use AA with the cable and it stays in the cup holder area. What is happening?

IMG_20190425_080208.thumb.jpg.d83a33f830f4959c19cce2b43e8a477d.jpg
Was it cold this morning? And/ or did you have your AC on? One of my biggest at-a-boy's to GM is that the charging pad doesn't overheat my phone. I assumed they ran a little bit of AC ducting near there to feed the rear of the center console.
My 2018 Toyota Tacoma had a charging pad near the same area but it sat directly on the trans, so it would overheat my phone within 15 min of charging, less if it's hot out. ... yes I had a 2018 truck and traded it in after less than a year, but it was just too small

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'm in Florida, the AC is used every day, every morning, and every evening. Today was the first time this was noticed. It's been colder and warmer than today in the last month, but today the pad was condensing enough that it seemed like water was flooding up.

I'm in Florida, the AC is used every day, every morning, and every evening. Today was the first time this was noticed. It's been colder and warmer than today in the last month, but today the pad was condensing enough that it seemed like water was flooding up.
I'm in Orlando and my Floridian ass throws the seat warmers and steering wheel warmer on every morning that is below 72

• Haha 3

My buddy had a loaner Sierra a few weeks ago and got curious about the pad, pulled it off and found that it is in fact cooled by HVAC. 
Well there you go. I figured it was bc of the heating factor when charging. Most charging pads have a fan or cooler built in

• Like 1

I didn't realize the rubber piece lifts right up. You can see the AC duct here and feel the cold air when the AC is on. Odd that today was the first day time I've noticed the moisture.

IMG_20190425_173815.thumb.jpg.5355cd9d4cb9a0606c10f4cc052df32b.jpg
Interesting. I wonder if the armrest charging pad overheats (in the SLE I test drove) bc I was thinking of adding that to my already slotted armrest

I noticed shortly after I got my truck that the pad was cold to the touch. HVAC directly behind it explains that I guess. As far as charging speed goes, mine charges slowly. Still pretty convenient though.