Belstein 5100

Ok so my truck just about hit 118k miles 

2014 gmc all terrain 5.3 4wd 

i want to get the 5100s but i read this online ...

so what exactly does it mean ? 0 to 1 inch lift or 0 to -1 lift which pretty much mean 1” drop ? 

C3B87197-EFF9-47CA-A43D-B417E9755000.jpeg

These are the “adjustable” struts. There is three different rings for the bottom perch of the spring to sit on depending which one you want to use. 

Lowest setting on strut is equal to factory. So it is 0” lift

Highest setting on strut will raise front 1.85” from stock. This will make the truck sit almost level about .15 - .25 lower than the rear

Middle setting is somewhere in between I forget exactly what.

Rear shocks are “tuned” to work with 0” of lift (so stock) or up to an additional 1” of lift. Some people put taller blocks under the rear leaf springs with the adjustable struts to keep more of the factory rake. 

Next question 

if i have a leveling kit already and put those adjustable shocks can i set ir in the highest setting and get the 3” from the level kit plus the 1.85” so technically 4.85” lift in front?

for the back i already have the factory 1” block planning on swapping out for a 2” and just make some extended brackets for the shocks (my dad is a welder so yeah lol)

I just installed these a few weeks ago. The shock itself has notches that will raise the bottom of the spring seat to give you your lift. I went just one notch from the stock position. This will add some pre-load to the spring and give you the lift you are looking for.....however, I will say, I can notice a ride difference.......and im not incredibly happy with the result. I wish I would have just left it at the stock height. I will likely go back and change it.....just didnt feel like doing all that work agan. 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:57 AM, chefchoy said:

I just installed these a few weeks ago. The shock itself has notches that will raise the bottom of the spring seat to give you your lift. I went just one notch from the stock position. This will add some pre-load to the spring and give you the lift you are looking for.....however, I will say, I can notice a ride difference.......and im not incredibly happy with the result. I wish I would have just left it at the stock height. I will likely go back and change it.....just didnt feel like doing all that work agan. 

What kind of ride difference did you notice? I’m debating on putting Bilstein 5100s on my truck both front and back to level it out and hopefully improve the ride quality. I have stock ranchos on my truck now with 83,000 miles on them. However, if Bilsteins are going to be more rough than the ranchos I don’t think I’d like them. 

On 28/4/2019 at 3:34 PM, country_09 said:

No, no no no. Don’t do that. If you already have a 3” level that’s the max you should go without a full lift. Get the shocks but leave em on the lowest setting if you want to keep that 3” level. 

Thanks guys for ur feed back

i did order them however i will just leave my leveling kit and set them to 0” lift in front and kn the back just keep mu factory 1” block 

will update once i get them on and experience them first hand!!

4 hours ago, JrAT2 said:

Thanks guys for ur feed back

i did order them however i will just leave my leveling kit and set them to 0” lift in front and kn the back just keep mu factory 1” block 

will update once i get them on and experience them first hand!!

Yes, this theory will work.

Or you can purchase the 4600.

Same shock but painted yellow and for stock ride height.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:03 PM, person01 said:

What kind of ride difference did you notice? I’m debating on putting Bilstein 5100s on my truck both front and back to level it out and hopefully improve the ride quality. I have stock ranchos on my truck now with 83,000 miles on them. However, if Bilsteins are going to be more rough than the ranchos I don’t think I’d like them. 

the ride felt way more stiff..........and a little more bouncy