Swapping Center Seat to Console

Hello forum.  I'm a brand new member as I am a brand new owner of a 2020 Silverado LT.  I like the truck but hate my center jump seat/fold down console.  I hopped online to see if there may be a way to remove what I have and replace with a fixed floor console that terminates into the dash.  From what I've read on here, it sounds like this is possible.  The exact details are fuzzy for me, so I need to do some more research, but I figured this was a good thread to get involved with this forum.  I called my local Chevy Dealership today (Lebanon, OH) and spoke to the parts department.  I explained what I was wanting to do and I received a very curt, "that's not possible."  So which is it?  Is it possible to do this swap on a 2020 LT that came stock with a jump seat or was my parts guys just giving me the easy/lazy answer?  Looking forward to your thoughts.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 11:49 AM, PHD said:

I replaced my center storage jump seat with a full console.  Swapping it out was easy and took about an hour.  The only issue now is the buttons on the doors to lock or unlock the vehicle don't work and I get a message  saying "Service Keyless Start System".  I assume that the storage jump seat has a receiver in it and so they are married to the key fobs.  The remote start and lock/unlock works fine just the buttons on the outside door handles to lock/unlock vehicle.

Anyone else run across this issue?

Keyless Start error.jpg

hello, i just ran into this problem after swapping out mt seat to a center console, did you ever find out how to fix this?

thanks Don

On 8/2/2021 at 8:30 AM, BuckeyeAaron said:

Hello forum.  I'm a brand new member as I am a brand new owner of a 2020 Silverado LT.  I like the truck but hate my center jump seat/fold down console.  I hopped online to see if there may be a way to remove what I have and replace with a fixed floor console that terminates into the dash.  From what I've read on here, it sounds like this is possible.  The exact details are fuzzy for me, so I need to do some more research, but I figured this was a good thread to get involved with this forum.  I called my local Chevy Dealership today (Lebanon, OH) and spoke to the parts department.  I explained what I was wanting to do and I received a very curt, "that's not possible."  So which is it?  Is it possible to do this swap on a 2020 LT that came stock with a jump seat or was my parts guys just giving me the easy/lazy answer?  Looking forward to your thoughts.  Thanks!

i have a center seat that i swapped out to a full center console. not only is it possible, but very easy. i bought the new console on ebay, and swapped it in about 1 hour.... 

• 1 month later...

I tired making a new post on this, with no luck. Considering most of you in here can answer my question, here goes......

So, I was trying to figure out some wiring in my dash.  I have a 2020 GMC Sierra WT/base.  I am currently trying to troubleshoot an issue, which may entail swapping in the USB receptacle pictured below - the one with ONLY two USB connections, one with USB C and one with USB A - NOT the one with the SD/memory card slot.

My question - which can probably be easily answered by anyone that has done a console swap in to a non-console truck...

On the BACK of this specific dash receptacle, there are TWO USB connections, as well as the wiring harness connections.  Is the SECOND USB connection in the rear of the receptacle coming from a module?  Or is that where the console extension harness gets it's feed from?  

Or to word the question another way... 

For anyone that had NO console AND had this specific receptacle in their truck from the factory - was one of the USB connections in the rear left with nothing plugged in to it?

Thank you for your time!

USB.jpeg

11 hours ago, ls5454ss said:

I tired making a new post on this, with no luck. Considering most of you in here can answer my question, here goes......

So, I was trying to figure out some wiring in my dash.  I have a 2020 GMC Sierra WT/base.  I am currently trying to troubleshoot an issue, which may entail swapping in the USB receptacle pictured below - the one with ONLY two USB connections, one with USB C and one with USB A - NOT the one with the SD/memory card slot.

My question - which can probably be easily answered by anyone that has done a console swap in to a non-console truck...

On the BACK of this specific dash receptacle, there are TWO USB connections, as well as the wiring harness connections.  Is the SECOND USB connection in the rear of the receptacle coming from a module?  Or is that where the console extension harness gets it's feed from?  

Or to word the question another way... 

For anyone that had NO console AND had this specific receptacle in their truck from the factory - was one of the USB connections in the rear left with nothing plugged in to it?

Thank you for your time!

USB.jpeg

Found my own answer...in case anyone needs in the future...one port seems to be going to the rear console - jumper harness, then console harness, to console USB receptacle.  One to the radio module.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 11.57.57 AM.png

• 1 month later...

does the power seat harrneses for the passenger side havw a connection for.the.center console? having difficult time figuring that out just a matter of swapping the harrnes under seat? ?  This is one of the main questions I've never seen answered here or anywhere 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 6:31 PM, Casey willett said:

No sir. Not the one on the inside of console. Just finished install last night. Going to check into it a little more. 

This post was done in November 2019. Is there a update to this? Did you get the console usb’s to work?

Thanks for your time

On 1/13/2022 at 8:49 PM, Beaujames83 said:

2021 LTZ with full tech package. Want to swap out my center console to folding leather seat with storage. Anyone wanna trade parts for parts. Each pay own shipping. Mine has wireless charging and every thing else. 

I am very interested, mine is black, what color do you have? 

evening gents. just got a brand new 2021 sierra elevation with the middle jump seat that has the storage on the bottom. Definitely looking to swap for a full floor console! lets talk! 

I have scoured this thread and cannot find a link to a parts diagram for the entire jump seat..

I have a good used jump seat with top and bottom storage, but would like to replace a couple of parts, so need a diagram/parts list..

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Thirdcoast

• 3 months later...

I did this swap to a center console a couple years ago.

But the USBs inside the center console do not work since I didn't get the new harness for the center console.

I'm planning on doing it so the USBs inside of the center console provide powered and data to my radio. Has anyone done this part of the swap?

There is what I believe I will need:

https://www.gmpartsclub.com/oem-parts/gm-front-floor-console-wiring-harness-84848129?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9Y2VudGVyLWNvbnNvbGUmbD03NSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWNoZXZyb2xldCZvPXNpbHZlcmFkby0xNTAwJnk9MjAyMCZ0PXJzdCZlPTUtM2wtdjgtZ2Fz

https://www.gmpartsclub.com/oem-parts/gm-usb-data-cable-84376073?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9Y2VudGVyLWNvbnNvbGUmbD03NCZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWNoZXZyb2xldCZvPXNpbHZlcmFkby0xNTAwJnk9MjAyMCZ0PXJzdCZlPTUtM2wtdjgtZ2Fz

Any tips/guidance would be appreciated.

So i just did this swap on my 2022 2500hd,  I had the center bump seat with the storage underneath, rear vents, usb, and 12v power.   After looking for a used center console that was not scratched or cracked,  I found it was cheaper to order the parts and build it myself.  All the parts together ran around 1050 shipped from  https://www.gmpartsbin.com/   now i live close to them and the crazy part is to walk in there i was close to 1400,  went on there website and had them shipped to my house 1025,  Anyway my only suggestion that i dint see on this forum is to remove you fob antenna and board, and the keyless entry antenna out of your original seat.  the rest was pretty smooth.  I would also skip the 2 items on my part list with lines next to them and just use the usb thats in the dash.  If anyone is looking for a  black jump seat with storage compartment with about 1000 miles that no one ever sat in let me know.

20220521_155059.jpg

20220521_161602.jpg

parts.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1